Cliotrophy.co.uk goes mobile!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Going out for the day? Wondering how you will possibly cope without your regular dose of this forum?

Well your worries are over, you can now access a the forum on your WAP enabled mobile phone!
smile0273ev.gif

Point your phones browser at http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/wap/ and you'll be able to read, create new posts, reply to posts, read and send PM's etc.

Some of you with smartphones can probably browse the full site anyway, but this version is just plain text so its much faster (and much less data so cheaper!)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
How useful!

( Posted from a Sony Ericsson W900i )

hyb

Reaction score
Nice one nick, used to access it with my treo 650, but took an age downloading a full html page via gprs :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, this is really fast :D

Reaction score
Hmmmm. You are a clever chap aren\'t you Nik. I can see this gettin me in trouble at work in the very near future. Ha,ha.

( Posted from a Nokia mobile phone )

Reaction score
Cool! I used to browse with Pocket Internet Explorer... going to see what my M500 makes of the site in WAP....

O.

Reaction score
Have been browsing the WAP version for the last 10 minutes but this post has not yet come up in the 'recent post' section... will wait a little longer and test it out!

:D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
Have been browsing the WAP version for the last 10 minutes but this post has not yet come up in the 'recent post' section... will wait a little longer and test it out!

Don't forget you'll need to be logged in in order to see things in certain forums (including this one) in the recent posts list.

You can log in from the Menu page and then bookmark the page once you've logged in to be automatically logged in each time

Reaction score
Nik said:
oliie said:

Don't forget you'll need to be logged in in order to see things in certain forums (including this one) in the recent posts list.

You can log in from the Menu page and then bookmark the page once you've logged in to be automatically logged in each time

Ahhh I must have missed the 'log in' link. Will check it out later. Thanks matey!

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's phpbbWapGate 2.0.1 and i got the link to it from esato :D

Isn't it about time there were some w900 themes and stuff on esato?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines broken too. :(

Backlight for the screen has died and it crashed the other day and magically wiped all the games and preinstalled apps.

Hopefully getting a replacement sent out tomorrow

Reaction score
Ive got a sim free dev one at the mo. its much more than a posh w800i, but my p990i comes in 3 weeks (i hope)

ive just gone back to my old p910i and im happy to be home.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No, its on a Vodafone contract. Cost me £50 They are silly prices sim free at the moment.

Reaction score
I havn't been able to log on the wap site for a couple of days now! tried on a couple of phones, is it just me or is the site down? :?