Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in need of some rear shocks for my trophy, everywhere I ring they are on back order or have no ETA, Renault are useless and keep giving me normal 172/182 parts... my local dealers aren't any better. But my options seem to be MF revalved Koni's, standard Koni's or still try seek the original Trophy rears sachs dampers. Does anyone know anywhere else I could get the rear shocks from?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I would just go Koni rear shocks

And order the sachs, they could take months and months to come

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of people that have had them on order for over 6 months and they are still waiting.

I ordered mine around 3 weeks ago and i have now been in contact with RUK and I'm now a priority and have been told that my case has went above the 7 people that have these on back order (RUKs Words, Not Mine)
I have had 3 phone calls from renault regarding this and they are awaiting confirmation back from a Renault Sport Parts Manager in dieppe, France.
I now need to wait till around 9th january before they are going to contact me due to the time of year it is.

My car is now off the road with no means of using it and i have stressed this , Renault have told me that if my car was in a renault garage they would supply me with a rental car at there cost.

The only way to get OE parts is to order them VOR and then after 10 working days start calling Renault UK and asking questions and push for answers, Other than that you would be going after market.

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I think I might end up buying the koni rears from larkspeed and going on back order for the sachs dampers as you said, seems the best option. As for MarcR it seems like everyone is fighting a losing battle getting these dampers. When do you think you will get yours? has anyone on here used standard koni's? if so what are they like?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As i say i am awaiting a reply back but due to the time of year it may take a couple of weeks as I'm awaiting a parts manager in the renault sport factory getting back to Renault UK.

As soon as i get an update i will post in the topic.

Reaction score
i should have thought this will be last we will see of the rear dampers, with the T being 10 years old soon, you have to ask yourself, how much longer are Reno going to support the car?

Reaction score
yeah that's true mike, aftermarket seems the only route to go now. But thanks MarcR that would be helpful to everyone else seeking the rear dampers.

Reaction score
Mikeyjp - How much were your MF Koni rears? and how did you go about getting them?

Reaction score
Ok thanks very much, from you phoning in the order to getting them, how long was it?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im prob going to go MF koni's also and then keep my rear dampers in perfect condition.

None the less i still want rears and i will await them until they arrive.

Reaction score
So mark fish revalved konis were 200 Inc p&p? That's about the price of the standard ones ?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Retail on rear sachs is £140+vat each so if you get no discounts via trade you are cheaper to buy the MF Konis

Reaction score
That's not a bad price for the mf ones definitely cheaper than sachs. I probably order a pair in the new year and keep the new sachs unopened when ever they turn up.

Reaction score
No that's much cheaper then I thought it would be! That sounds like a good idea Miller.

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Mark Fish dampers are more than that... I've read they are £360 (and that might be exclusive of VAT!).