Reaction score
I am looking to buy and fit some harnesses to my trophy. I don't really want to go welding and drilling too many holes here and there for them though.

Whats the deal, are they easy to fir into the Clio's? Also does fitting them affect the running of the air bags etc?

I was looking at Sabelt ones, 3 point harnesses in Black start at around £60 each.

Any help or maybe pics of them fitted etc would be brill :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd go for 4 points min but it's up to you... yes they're an easy fit - no drilling needed. just make sure you get the road legal ones (bolt in)

Reaction score
Where do they bolt on the handbrake side?

On my old Saxo i had Recaro subframes which had a thread for attaching an eyebolt, how are they fitted on the Trophy without drilling into the subframe on that side?

Reaction score
You use the original mount for the seatbelt pre tensioner.Take out the bolt and refit it with the harness mount.
Its best to move passenger seat fully forward ( when fitting drivers and vice versa) and drivers right back and pull off the plastic surround from around the handbrake to allow more access to the bolts.
5 mins job per side

Reaction score
Stevie said:
I'm looking at getting a pair of these. Would I mount them to the bottom of the rear seats?

Cheers.

Yep

I removed the rear isofix bar and used the bolt hole to fix it to.Dont forget to put the other bolt back in or water gets in!!
Its also means you can leave the rear seats in but cant use them.

Reaction score
Thanks, do the 4 point harnesses mount in the same place though?

Reaction score
In theory yes I used the same rear point for the shoulder straps but if you use it for motorsport the scrutineers wont like it.

You could use the other rear mounting for the other strap but this isnt ideal as its at a funny angle.

Reaction score
Thanks, but do you know if I will need to drill to fit it? Do you know what harnesses fit the trophy without messing around?

Reaction score
I have these fitted, I only use them for track days.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... AB901059NP

using these to mount onto the existing holes (front mounting points are metric, can only get regular length metric ones at moment, or so i've been told, and there not long enough to retain standard mounting rails etc.)

http://www.msar-safety.com/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=88

These are the same but bolt in (saves you getting eylets etc) but has no double release buckle.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... AB901002NP