Lee

Reaction score
I know strictly this should go in Media (move it if you like guys), but I'm sure it will generate a bit of discussion, and I'd hate for people to miss it.

As mentioned over in this thread: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community ... IC_ID=9215 I've got some pics of one of the final Clio Trophy test cars while parked up at the factory.

This car was pretty much complete bar one or two small details. As you can see, one of them had Xenons and a Trophy sticker on the boot which was later dropped. (Although I did ask if they would keep it and drop the ones on the skirts.lol) I know a lot of Trophy owners will want these to add to their collection, so here you go.

I used to sit and look at these while waiting for the car to be announced. Ahhhh, those were the days. lol

Trophy1.jpg

Trophy2.jpg

Trophy3.jpg

Trophy4.jpg

Trophy5.jpg

Trophy6.jpg

Trophy7.jpg

Trophy8.jpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in hindsight i'm glad they didn't put the sticker on the boot, although the xenons would have been nice...

Reaction score
Very nice... thanks for sharing Lee. Sad to see Xenons didn't make the cut :(

O.

Reaction score
Nice one Lee! These are great, do you have a closer one of the boot sticker? I think it would have been nice. Xenons too, but they're heavy so glad they didn't make it.

If you follow the link guys you can see pics of the blue proto-Trophy test hack.

Lee

Reaction score
That's the best I can do Steve. I don't think I've got any more. I'll have a look at home tonight as there may be few more on my home PC.

Reaction score
Nice shots Lee - thanks for sharing. Wonder if the xenons were ditched due to cost or weight? Or both?

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
Nice shots Lee - thanks for sharing. Wonder if the xenons were ditched due to cost or weight? Or both?

The former but they'd claim the latter. :lol:

Lee

Reaction score
As far as I know it wasn't destined to have them anyway, due to it being based on the Cup. I'm not sure if that car was driven a great deal or not, I think it was more for the visual tuning.

When I was first told about the Trophy I was told, based on the Cup, one colour (not confirmed at the time), Turinis, recaros, V6 Spoiler, Cup splitter and Sachs racing dampers. I asked if it was getting the decent wheel seeing as the Cup has a nasty one without the rubber inserts, those were the only changes from the Cup spec and that's what we got.

Of course what we got was the best hot hatch ever. :D :lol:

Lee

Reaction score
I've just found this image. Being really sad I wondered how it would look (at the time it wasn't known as the Trophy, just the ultimate Clio), seeing as I'd decided to not get a CTR and wait for one, so I knocked this up in Photoshop one afternoon. Thank god my PS skills have improved. lol

mock.jpg

Reaction score
Drew196 said:
it's got some mini helicopter rotor blades :)

I didn't realise they were equiping the mini with helicopter blades :? suppose they had to do something to make it go faster :)