Reaction score
Hi all,

Was thinking about buying a different car but now considering refreshing the Trophy and 205.

Sachs damper refurb, tyres, brakes, remap and rs192 exhaust for the T.

This month's Evo features a Pug1off 205 Gti which looks amazing.

195bhp 6 speed with brakes, suspension etc would cost around £10k which is not cheap but Richard Meaden describes it as "perhaps themost exciting front-wheel-drive car you'll ever lay your hands on"

The Gti is currently totally original. Best left that way? 221bhp/ton would be fun!

Thoughts people?

Reaction score
Engine is 306 Gti 6 but can add cams etc.

Also fully upgraded suspension, LSD, brakes etc available in stages.

It's a tough call as the 205 is in good standard condition. I'm only the second owner (owned it 13 years but been SORN lately), 70k miles. Conversion does look amazing and offers 0-60 in 5.6 secs.

Money for conversion could could buy a nice EVO, M3, Camper etc though!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is a total no brainer. You have a car worth say £2k you sink 10k into it and guess what you will have a car that's worth less. It seems from experience on rtoc etc that the value of older cars is now in there being totally original and many highly modified cars are being broken for parts as they are simply worth more that way.
I think the camper idea is a winner.

Oh and another thing, you WILL regret it.

Reaction score
It's probably just a phase you're going through. We all get them. Especially when we've owned a car for a period of time. This time last year i told a few people i was getting a Focus RS in 12 mths time (now) lol. Just a phase you see. Damn magazines & youtube...

Reaction score
I've read the article and while I must admit it sounds amazing, do you really have room for 2 cars that do exactly the same thing? Yes the 205 would be a bit quicker but how much difference would you really see on any normal uk road?

Maybe fitting the LSD to the Trophy would be one way to go. Would be alot cheaper too.