Clio Trophy 159 For Sale

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Thought I would post in here to let you all know that I am sadly selling my Clio Trophy after a few years ownership..! Really are fantastic cars but time for a change. Here is the link to the advert on pistonheads, if you or anyone you know is interested then feel free to get in touch. My email address etc. is on the advert. Looking for £5000 ono, which I think is a fair deal considering the condition and prices of other similar cars online.

Let me know anyway and tell your friends! Cheers.

Ryan.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...o/rare-clio-182-trophy-159-of-500/5476346?v=b

Reaction score
I'm surprised at how little interest there has been in such a popular & rare car..! Nobody has even viewed the car yet!

Reaction score
If I were you I would put it back strickly stock, gearknob, sterring wheel and remove the tow hook. Steering wheel and tow hook make it look like it's been used on track which may repel some potential buyers.

Reaction score
If I were you I would put it back strickly stock, gearknob, sterring wheel and remove the tow hook. Steering wheel and tow hook make it look like it's been used on track which may repel some potential buyers.

This. Originality sells currently.

Reaction score

For a sports car made for the track, the car has never been used on the track but I see your point. Not exactly a big deal to remove the towing eye. The last owner put it there and I have just left it, I think it looks cool in a way. Also all the standard parts are included with the sale so the new owner can have the originality they want plus extras that they can do what they like with. Fair enough though, if people want to miss out on a great, well maintained, looked after car because of an expensive, custom renaultsport sabelt steering wheel then I dont know what to do..! Original is another way of saying the same as everyone elses and, apart from the seats, the interior as standard looks exactly the same as my previous 1.2 dynamique model. The capsicum red interior really sets it apart IMO and the changes are purely cosmetic and very minor. Will see what happens anyway! Thanks for the heads up though folks.

P.S. Aberdeen isnt exactly in the sticks! Aberdeenshire maybe, but not Aberdeen city...

Reaction score
I think it's just the market at the moment and not really a reflection on your car. There's a couple sold recently but most that have gone for sale lately are still for sale. There is however an element of trying to make your car as appealing as possible. Having "bling" on a Trophy will limit your market appeal I'm sure. The red dash strips and silly gear knob won't do it any favours albeit fairly inexpensive to put right. The steering wheel presumably loses cruise and the horn.
As others have said the Aberdeen address will put some buyers off, I live in Yorkshire and I don't think I would have gone all that way for a car so what people in the south and Midlands might make of the distance I don't know.
The car does seem pitched right price wise and does have low owners and plenty of history.

I would pick up some dash strips and a gear knob and swap those over, get the standard wheel back in and sell the sabelt on cliosport

None of my views are necessarily correct, I'm just speaking from my own perspective having bought a car in the last 12 months.

Reaction score
I dont think the amendments you have made are holding back the sale - they are only light cosmetic right? this in my opinion would not hold someone back in buying (even i could rectify these :) ).

i also dont think the location is a real issue..... i travelled from Essex to Liverpool for mine! i think people that are truly interested will make the effort.

You might of seen i had mine for sale in the similar price range and in a month i had a couple of guys that were interested but was just time wasting - i am sure there are guys out there with no life that just want to talk about their car history and life.......

i have decided to keep mine now and enjoy it! you should do the same!

Reaction score
I dont think the amendments you have made are holding back the sale - they are only light cosmetic right? this in my opinion would not hold someone back in buying (even i could rectify these :) ).

i also dont think the location is a real issue..... i travelled from Essex to Liverpool for mine! i think people that are truly interested will make the effort.

You might of seen i had mine for sale in the similar price range and in a month i had a couple of guys that were interested but was just time wasting - i am sure there are guys out there with no life that just want to talk about their car history and life.......

i have decided to keep mine now and enjoy it! you should do the same!

Thats exactly what I was thinking, the amendments are purely cosmetic and very minor. I dont understand why someone would be held back because of a sports steering wheel being fitted when the original one comes with the car.. Just change it over, done in no time and then they can have the Sabelt wheel and do as they please with it. The dash board inserts, although not original, make a massive difference. Everyone ive had in the car has commented on it and I wouldnt say it was a bling modification. Personally, I would much rather go for a car that was well maintained, looked after, mechanically sound with no damage etc. and had the evidence to prove so. Everyone will put their own mark on a car, even little details here and there and thats exactly what has happened with 159. The changes are minor and like you say can be changed in no time at all and at barely no expense. I think its just the market holding back the sale, whoever does decide to come and have a look at the car will be impressed and if they buy it, will have themselves a great car... To be honest, at this point, I might just do the same as you ajhicks and keep it!