Reaction score
Hi all

was wondering if anyone out there has an aftermarket exhaust for sale. My standard one rotted through so thought it would be time for another.

Cheers Rich

Reaction score
Always some for sale on CS but for what some people ask you might as well but new - you might find a group buy on the go...
RS192 or Milltek seem the most popular both around the £400 mark - or if you feeling incredibly flush then a Orbisound

Reaction score
Yozza also worth considering - from my experience they are quieter than a Milltek and certainly Orb.

Reaction score
Yozza also worth considering - from my experience they are quieter than a Milltek and certainly Orb.

LOL no Yozza's are much louder than a Miltek. They make your car sound broken imo.

Reaction score
LOL no Yozza's are much louder than a Miltek. They make your car sound broken imo.

The Yozza that Paul (Hodgy21) has is mega quiet, almost OEM quiet - until you really give it the beans and even then it's not stupid.

From my experience the Miltek is louder even when going slow.

I like quiet exhausts, so my money is on Yozza.

Reaction score
I've never seen quiet and Yozza in the same sentence before. Not seen one but I thought they were supposed to be the loudest.

Reaction score
The Yozza that Paul (Hodgy21) has is mega quiet, almost OEM quiet - until you really give it the beans and even then it's not stupid.

From my experience the Miltek is louder even when going slow.

I like quiet exhausts, so my money is on Yozza.

It's either not a Yozza or it's had a centre silencer added to it to make it quiet.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Ah yozza, the chav of the exhaust world. You really think it's quieter than the other two? like I said I've always considered it a noisy hooligan.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can assure you that it is a Yozzasport exhaust, with a single rear silencer. I took Mark out in it a while ago, because he wanted to hear how deafeningly loud it was. Needless to say it was not that loud inside the car, until you put your foot down, and then it just sounds great, on idle it settles to a very satisfying "wob wob wob", I can only describe it as a being similar to a Subaru Impreza type of sound. I use my car every day, and I have never grown tired of it.

I believe the "loud" tag comes from following behind or being outside the car. Danny from 519 Automotive drove it around his yard after fitting the new ball joints recently and it was definitely louder than when I was inside the car, but certainly not this deafening racket that I have heard so many people speak about. I have been used to PS13's or S15's with giant Ø5" Jap exhausts on them so maybe my view on the matter is skewed? Either way its not too loud in my eyes (ears).

I have not yet heard one with the catalytic converter removed, which Danny has told me are a lot louder. This might be what people are referring to when they talk of the loud Yozzasport exhausts. I believe there is also a "race" system for 172's which is supposed to be quite loud. This might be where the 182 system has got it's reputation from, just by association?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Chav/Hooligan at your service ;)

LOL, actually I think you're probably right about the decat. I also remember someone at the first annual meet with one who's foot was somehow jammed to the floor whilst not going anywhere, loud AND annoying.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Then again I suppose I should be one of the last to start throwing stones, the Orb is no angel.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a good look at your Orb (no pun intended) at the annual meet last year, and it is by far the best exhaust you can buy for these little cars. In my opinion it has the looks and the sound down to a 'T' (no pun intended again!) It was a softer/warmer sound than the Yozzasport, but still keeping the throatiness. If I ever do change exhausts I will get one of those, but until then I will just have to take the chav comments and abuse from other road users on the chin :up::rolleyes:.

Back on topic, I've seen and heard several RS192 systems and they sound pretty decent too and not too pricey, definitely worth a look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had an Orbisoud and now a Scorpian. The orb was great but mine always sounded too loud inside the car. I'm convinced it was the way it was mounted to the boot floor acting like a drum. It was never the best fit. When i dropped the rear silencer onto a wooden block it went quiet. I miss the sound of it at the top end but my neighbours don't miss it at 6:00 in the morning and my ears are better off! It was a bit tiring on the motorway if you do 20,000 miles a year.
The Scorpian is easy to live with and sounds pretty good. It actually feels more tourqey with the original cat and 192 but doesn't feel like it's got as much at the top end as the Orb and the sound is a bit plain with the cat still on. It's good for a daily driver though and suits me fine 95% of the time and at 30% of the price. Remove the cat and it probably sounds great too but noisy.