Reaction score
Hi guys im new on here but thought id start by saying hello :)
Ive got a 2005 182 clio and its just failed the MOT due to C02 been high, the garage told me its got a sports exhaust on "Doh" and he said the emissions are high as he things its been remapped & told me the ECU need setting back to standard, doesn anyone know what price this is going to cost as the garages are all shut where i live & do you think this would solve the issue?

Many thanks.

Reaction score
He is talking a load of shit, take to a garage that knows what they are on about, normally a few things will cause your problem, either u have a leak before the sensor, or the sensor its self needs replacing, or by some injector cleaner

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine normally needs a little persuasion to pass the emissions test, a spirited run beforehand and a word with the tester to get the cat back up to temperature is enough generally. If that doesn't work then bits may need testing but ECU? I doubt it.

Reaction score
I had the same thing, replaced both the pre and post CAT lambda sensors and it sailed through the MOT. Used to give the car an "Italian tune-up" and a dose of clean emissions additive in the fuel to get it through but it became less effective with each passing MOT. New sensors are the way forward. I did a guide on how to change them if you're handy with spammers.
http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/51457-Replacing-the-Lambda-Sensors

Reaction score
Yeah, pre-cat lambda sensor is most likely the cause. Definitley nothing to do with an exhaust / remap.

You could always find yourself a friendly MOT tester :up: