Ste

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondered if its possible to have climate control fitted in the Trophy, say a unit from a 172, easy done or not worth the hassle? Also the rain sensor on the wind shield along with the relevant wiper stalk?
Cheers!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
anything's possible if you throw enough money at it, personally i wouldn't bother but then i wouldn't bother with HID's either....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If Reno can can charge £115 for two bits of plastic i'd hate to think what they would charge to add the extra bits for that upgrade. Having said that i really don't see the point, i don't think i've ever even used my A/C, similarly HID's, auto lights/wipers etc. Just why?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im same as you J. Its a matter of personal opinion but I dont see the need to have any of the extras you mentioned above in my car. Ive used the air con on a few occasions to de-mist the windows but thats only because its there. I certainly wouldn't like to fork out for extras.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pretty sure you would have to change the brain of this system (UCH?) to allow auto wipers / lights / climate control / etc. That would be a very big job I guess :?:

Ste

Reaction score
Does seem like a pretty big task, not got the cash to throw at it, would be a nice extra touch, but i have to agree, on my previous car i owned for two years think I used the air con...twice, only had the T since Feb this year so not had a good chance to try it out, but you cant beat jut droppin the window down an gettin that look from 'rude boys' as if to say "wot kind of clios that...?" i love how half of them dont have a clue :) sorry gone off topic abit!

Reaction score
son of solo said:
if only renault had fitted the trophy shocks to the FF182 then everyone would be happy...

Good call! I think it would be easy and cheaper to fit trophy dampers and springs to a fully specced 182 than fit cc, auto wipers and lights to a trophy..

As for air con, try using it more often people!! It dehumidifies the air as well as cooling it (hence the water that drains off from under the car); contrary to popular belief (without wishing to insult anyone here) you can have it on at any temp for "fresher" air. It's really quite pleasant! I was always surprised by how many wealthy, successful, intelligent people couldn't grasp that! :)

Also from previous expirience on road cars i've seen a lot of ac compressors seizing up due to lack of use (allbeit on slightly older cars). I think the system should be used for a journey at least once a month to keep it in good condition.

Just my thoughts! :)

Ste

Reaction score
I do love the colour of the Trophy an the wheels and most of of all how the boot does'nt open properly because of the spoiler (makes me laugh)

kam

Reaction score
My last 5 cars have all had CC and I think it's a great feature. I hate having to fiddle around the dials to get the right temp and then constantly adjust the fan speed.

I try to use my AC once a month as previously mentioned if you don't use it the compressor can seize costing a lot to fix.

I used to leave it the AC all the time in my other cars but the CC would control when it was used.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
if only renault had fitted the trophy shocks to the FF182 then everyone would be happy...

there just seems to haven been load of posts recently from new owners wanting the extras of the FF182 (rear leather,climate control, zenons etc...
you have to look deeper...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ste said:
I do love the colour of the Trophy an the wheels and most of of all how the boot does'nt open properly because of the spoiler (makes me laugh)

My other half loves the boot - she is fairly short and hence ideal for her :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My last car was a full gadget featured 172 and I do not miss xenons, auto wipers, lights or climate control!

These extras may be good but they are not really required and almost make driving feel like an 'auto pilot'.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
bearne1 said:
Ste said:

My other half loves the boot - she is fairly short and hence ideal for her :lol:

The amount of times my old man has hit his head on the boot when getting something out the back is unreal, you thought he would have learnt by now. Its a sure thing, I just stand back now, watch, and wait for it to happen :lol:

CMR

Reaction score
My current car had aircon, never used it.. ripped it out.

One good thing about the trophy imo is that it doesnt have all the gimmicky things like hid's, climate control etc!

All extra pointless weight :mrgreen: