Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is quite cool, shame Bob decide to make a point about Renault's customer service in general when the article was singing the praises of a particular model.

Reaction score
Quite a good article that, shame people still insist on posting rubbish at the bottom of the page

(trophysmall)

Reaction score
Nice little piece 8) 8) 8)

Didn't realise the bump stops were different, would they make much difference if they could be retro fitted to a 182?

Reaction score
It's to get rear discs as well, I ve ordered them so getting done on tues plus ferrodo pads allround and braided hoses.

Can you tell I m excited!!

Next Samco, then new carbon fibre splitter plus permagard then I m done! Will proobably then sell and but a Megane F1!! Only kidding :roll:

Reaction score
Just reiterates the fact that the Clio is such a great little car. Im not gonna over hype it and say its the best and this and that, but for driver fun and frolicks, imo i just don't think you can beat it.

It keeps coming back to this but the handling and cornering ability are amazing. It annoys me when some on the motorway is right on my bumper expecting me to take off, but what I would mind saying is "lets take this onto some quiet B roads and see whats what".

What have to be a special car at the moment to prise me away from the little red beast.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
on track i can keep up and pass a 230 meggy, very evenly matched.

There were 50 LHD's. Although there was only going to be 25 but reno upped it at the insistence of reno switzerland.

"and replaced the elastometric bump stops with hydraulic ones to dial out almost all traces of understeer and sharpen turn in response. Uprated front hub carriers were also included to deal with the higher cornering forces."

That's news to me, didn't know that it had different bumpstops but that would explain a few things from the other 172's and 182's i've driven, although i thought it was just down to the improved damping.

Reaction score
I am rebuilding the front suspension and was surprised to find conventional yellow/orange urethane bump stops combined with the dust shield - don't know if there is anything else in the main damper tube, or whether this was journalistic licence.

Reaction score
Yeah definately in regard to cost and what else is abailable for the money. Also, I have on regular occasion gone past more expensive and quicker cars. However, you never know how much they are pushing.

I think in order to get the same experience offerred by the Trophy (and Megane even though I have only test drove) you would have to spent a lot more money to get the same cross country pace.

G

The Trophy's good. Not good enough, however, to prevent me from still wanting a Megane R26.