Reaction score
Hi guys, this should probably go in the Trophy Faults section but I thought that since it could cost a lot to fix people should know. My beloved Trophy has been in the garage for a week because a number of seals around the engine and gear box were perishing. It's taken so long cause the garage have had to order in the parts and it's an engine and gearbox out job. Luckily for me the car is still under warranty but my car is one off the last off the line but I'd recomend you all check cause Renault didn't pick it up for me and it only thanks to Angel Works that I even knew there was a problem.

Reaction score
Sounds expensive !!! ...... I guess you have to get under the car to check this out ?.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up :wink:

My car was servicing @ Ren-Tech last week & Dave mentioned nothing was amiss & she's being MOT'd tomorrow so I'll get the guy to have a good nose round whilst she's in the air as my warranty runs until next month.

Reaction score
trophyfan said:
Sounds expensive !!! ...... I guess you have to get under the car to check this out ?.

Yes, you probably need to remove the heat shield. Angel Works spotted it for me while doing some other work. On my car it was the gearbox selector seal and the drive shaft seals. As an aside, Renault replaced the bonet catch too - I don't know if this is part of a product recall because they had it on their records to do this when I phoned up about the seals - I haven't had any problems which makes me wonder if either renault have been having problems with these or if they just spotted something on my car last time it was in for a service - it might be worth asking them to have a look at that too.

Reaction score
Thanks for that - might get mine up on ramps at the w/e.

Yes there is a recall on the bonnet catches on all Mk2 clios I believe, they changed mine when I took it for an MOT. Didn't have a letter from DVLA though which I think is how recalls usually work.