Cheap tyres? Michelin PE2's only!

Reaction score
Well after convincing myself not to take a gamble and get a set of Yoko Parada's, I'm now on the hunt for 4 new Michelin PE2's...only problem is Mytres want £322 and Blackcircles £320.92, so roughly £80 a tyre before fitting!

Anyone got any suggestions for where I can get my PE2's cheaper?

Cheers! :D

Reaction score
I'm sure there was someone on CS selling a brand new pair - that way you'd be half way there! Worth a look...

Reaction score
Nevermind, thanks for the tip though, it's the thought that counts! :wink:

oliie said:
Try Costco if you're a member.

No, unfortunately not, had a look at their website, and it looks more orientated to trade rather than private sales, or am I not getting something?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
cheapest you'll find would be aroune £75 without fitting. Try local independants, they will normally be receptive to a haggle. My local supplier is doing them for me at £75 fitted when i need them. Should be 12 months off now though.

Reaction score
theo said:
I got mine from Protyre at £74 per tyre! worth a try!

Is that a fitted price? I've done a search for Protyre on the internet, and can't find any useful info!?! :?

Reaction score
That was a fitted price but my mate firred them for free because he works there! I tried finding them on the internet but couldnt! I know there are quite a few in Hampshire! Worth looking in the yellow pages!

Reaction score
Oli,

Are you sorted? If not i can ask my contact whether he can get any more... last set of 4 i bought for someone cost £280... but wth your petrol to come and collect them and slipping someone a few quid to fit them i don't think they'll be much cheaper than the blackcircles price in all honesty

Let me know whether you would like me to ask....

G

Reaction score
Not sorted yet buddy, how far would I have to travel? Thanks for the offer! :D

Reaction score
Protyre in Eastleigh came up at £399 all in! :shock:

Gave my local Pirelli Perfromance Centre a call and they've quoted £340! :D

Reaction score
OliS said:

Sorry missed this reply - the tyres would be in Watford / Bedfordshire if i take them home with me

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
OliS said:

Sorry missed this reply - the tyres would be in Watford / Bedfordshire if i take them home with me

No worries, will prob go with the £340 quote, thinking about the petrol and fitting on top of £280 for the tyres, and I don't think the savings will be worth the journey up to you. Thanks again though!

Reaction score
I've got 2 sat in my dad's garage that seem to have plenty of tread on them your welcome to come have a look @ & make me offer on if you'd like?

They were the rears off the car when I changed all 4 to Paradas.
Got the reciept for one of them as it suffered a puncture & had it replaced.

Reaction score
Nice one, reckon I'll take you up on this offer depending on how much tread is left, let me know how you want to play this out.

Reaction score
OliS said:
Nice one, reckon I'll take you up on this offer depending on how much tread is left, let me know how you want to play this out.

Just drop me a PM telling me when you wanna pop over mate & we'll make some arrangements :wink: