Reaction score
I saw this the other day, and thought it was cheap, even for a cat D. I suppose half of the perceived value of the Trophy is in it's potential as a future classic/cult car, and a cat D is very undesirable.

Also, if it only needs an £80 lambda sensor, why not replace it? That's surely enough to put some people off?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
littleandy0410 said:
I saw this the other day, and thought it was cheap, even for a cat D. I suppose half of the perceived value of the Trophy is in it's potential as a future classic/cult car, and a cat D is very undesirable.

Also, if it only needs an £80 lambda sensor, why not replace it? That's surely enough to put some people off?

Disagree with that, a Cat D is only panel damage and not structural so as long as a repair invoice can be shown its not that bad!

That is very good price IMO considering the mileage.

The seller probably doesn't want to spend any more on it and lost interst, bargain i'd say!

Reaction score
Fair price nothing more!

If I was looking at a 42k car I'd want it for no more than 6 if belts and dampers have not been done! So with a write off you have to take a 3rd off IMO cos I wunt touch one!! And yes I know how minor a cat d can be!

Reaction score
Trophy's are beginng to find their long term owners now, get them cheap while you can and they are still available :)

Reaction score
bearne1 said:
littleandy0410 said:

Disagree with that, a Cat D is only panel damage and not structural so as long as a repair invoice can be shown its not that bad!

That is very good price IMO considering the mileage.

The seller probably doesn't want to spend any more on it and lost interst, bargain i'd say!
Cat D means it is not financially viable to repair the car. Ie despite the fact the car is able to be safely and correctly repaired, it would cost more than the value of the car.

Reaction score
It's not that it would cost more than the value if the car! It only about 45% of value if ok!

Thing is that if it was frontal damage trophies get written off cos of the dampers!! It's not like insurance companies can be bothered to take em off the car and send to BG for checking!!