Changing the fuel filter

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I've looked through a previous post for the servicing intervals and I've noticed it says change fuel filter after 150k! is this true? I would have thought that it would need changing before then, as I was thinking that mine which has done 26k would be due for one by now!? any ideas if the 150k figure is right? Also where is the fuel filter? is it below the tank at the back of the car?

Reaction score
150K seems excessive, I change mine every 24k or 2 years they are so cheap and easy to do I don't know why anyone wouldn't. It's on service interval as 36K on both celica GT4 and integrale, can't remember the Ignis but again sure it was 36-48K there or there abouts.

Normally they are in the engine bay to make them accessible, but occasionally they are in front of the fuel tank in-line on way to the engine. never checked the Clio so can't advise.

Reaction score
The recommended time to change the fuel filter is every 144k so not for off 150k.

The fuel filter is actually on the tank situated on the front and is held in by a snap clip!

Reaction score
Ok thanks! That's suprised me, I didn't think a fuel filter would have such a long life! Anyway saves me the hassle of having to do it for a long time I guess, unless it's: 'change it every 144k or every so many years?'

Reaction score
trophy380 said:
Ok thanks! That's suprised me, I didn't think a fuel filter would have such a long life! Anyway saves me the hassle of having to do it for a long time I guess, unless it's: 'change it every 144k or every so many years?'
Nope just when or near 144k! With my annual mileage mine shouldn't need changing for atleast another 11 years! :D

Reaction score
In Australia they spec 3yrs or 60000km; I just changed mine at 4yrs/ 18000km. They're cheap to buy so it wouldn't hurt to do it early.