Reaction score
Hi all.
I have had a problem with my central locking since I bought the Trophy in November. The problem is that the central locking keeps locking and unlocking itself madly whilst driving and its become a lot worse as time has gone on. I have tried researching all over the internet what it could be but there are not many cases that this has happened (not that I can find anyways).

If someone can help in anyway I will very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks, Steff.

Reaction score
I'm stating the obvious here but there's a switch to the left of the hazard switch which turns the automatic central locking off and on. It's a padlock.
Mine had a mind of it's own for a while after I changed my headunit. Was alright once I got it sitting straight in the dash again.

Reaction score
The button is not functioning properly as it wont turn off. It gets really bad when I go over bad road surfaces (almost every road in Cardiff :lol: ) and locks and unlocks constantly for the whole journey! Starting to really irritate me now. I have booked it in for my garage to look at when I get back from holiday so hopefully the issue will get resolved (at a low price I hope [-X ).

Many thanks for trying to help anyway!

Reaction score
Get the switch out of the dash.

Not sure but thought the surround just clips out (get someone to confirm this before trying)

Then check the connections on the switch, switch structure and cables for any damaged insulation.

Should be able to get a new switch from ebay/breakers cheaply or most likely any toggle switch with a decent contact current rating will be fine just to test to see if you can eliminate problem.

Failing this it'll be a cable fault further down the cable.

Reaction score
The button is not functioning properly as it wont turn off. It gets really bad when I go over bad road surfaces (almost every road in Cardiff :lol: ) and locks and unlocks constantly for the whole journey! Starting to really irritate me now. I have booked it in for my garage to look at when I get back from holiday so hopefully the issue will get resolved (at a low price I hope [-X ).

Many thanks for trying to help anyway!

I got the same problem in my clio mk.2 2002 1.6 16v, hope you can provide any information how you or your garage fixed the problem. At the moment i think the UCH is faulty and needs repair/maintenance.

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, I already sent him a private message and he replied.
I tried to register since the new year started and finally made it in here by yesterday, due to a forum problem.
Just wanted to complete this thread for people searching for the same issues.

steffdavies through PM said:
Water had got into the drivers locking mechanism and caused a few problems, so that was replaced. Cost about £100 iirc. Then the problem came back so my mechanic pulled out the door locking switch on the dash (the button that lights up red when the doors are locked) and put it back as it became loose. This solved the problem totally and it has been fine since.

Looking into it as soon as temperatures rising again so i can work outside.

Thanks to all.

Reaction score
owned 393 for 2 years had same problem it was UCH £600 dealer part plus extra for key code.
other option have aftermarket alarm fitted to replace original . good luck

Reaction score
Hello,

does someone solved the problem of this locking/unlocking madness problem ?
I've browsed a lot of french forums without any success. I really suspect the UCH but I would really appreciate to get a report of problem solved here on internet before to get the car to a mechanic. And I'm afraid the UCH replacement is very expensive.
Thank you in advance.

Pep.