Central Locking Problem

Reaction score
Hi All,

When locking the car with the remote locking i just get a constant tone, it's the same noise you get when you lock the car but a door isn't closed properly or just wide open. I'm guessing it might be something to do with the fact my battery went flat the other night and something has been reset, although it never lost all it's charge and the radio has kept all it's presets. New battery at the weekend, i'm only hoping at the moment it might reset/sort itself when i disconect the battery.

Has anyone had this problem before, found nothing on the search?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Pearson.

Thats odd. I put a new battery on mine as the original one was completely dead. There was no battery on the car over night as i took it off and didn't get a new one until the following day. From memory i think the alarm was fine.

On the odd occasion i've had the constant tone i've simply turned off alarm, opened and closed the doors and boot, and the alarm has been fine. If this dosen't fix the problem maybe there's a dodgy alarm pin switch?

Can't suggest more than that i'm affraid.

Reaction score
Yeah it's a strange one, i couldn't find a switch on the boot as i wanted to manually press it just to check if that may have been the problem. I'll try disconectnig the excisting battery this eve in the chance it may just need a kick as it were.

Thanks for the reply

P

Reaction score
Programing central locking procedure listed bellow, i would personally try a disconnection of battery for 10 mins then give this a go failing that.

Point key at infrared receiver (located near rear view mirror).

Press vehicle central locking button for more than 2 seconds,
Doors should lock then unlock,
Immobilizer LED illuminates,
Press lock/unlock button,
Immobilizer LED extinguishes.

Repeat procedure for other keys.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Forgot to say, managed to find a temporary solution to this problem, amazing what a piece a standard plain white paper can do, turned out to be a faulty bonnet pin switch so I just broke the connection by stuffing paper in there to push the switch open, should be ok until I get a new one (or until it rains at least). I love a good improvise.