Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
That car looks sweeeet! I've heard some had this done to their cat, not sure who it was though.

If you are looking to change your exhaust, you could try adding a de-cat to the std setup. Easy to install, and cheap!

Reaction score
totally agree car looks sick.
as for the zort, well i dont have the money atm, and to get mark to do this will be easy cheap and it will pass MOT. so i kinda feeling this option for the min.
just wanted some feedback from people who had had it done. or were aware of it, K-Tec offer a similar option but its only compatible with their custom set up.

Reaction score
Yeah I'd love those front brakes too! It's such a pity that Renault didn't include 4pots standard on the 182's!

Reaction score
yes yes yes, the brakes are the sex, but it was the Cat i was asking about. dont get me wrong the guy, lets face it seems to know what hes doing and a reliable source. but can anyone else shed some light on this.
if i can book an appointment i might go see Mark next week, shall i let you know my findings?? :)

Reaction score
Back on subject lol

Ive had it done, not by mark fish though. TBH he charges and extortionate amount for what he does.

I did have a small blow on the part of the cat that is cut off but it is a great little mod. The revs pick up quicker and climb more freely. I cant really say anything about MPG because of the blow i had but i wouldnt say much has changed.

IMG_0080.jpg

Reaction score
This is really interesting, so am I right in saying that basically what you do is chop the rear end of the CAT off, thus increasing the bore size to 2.5", then re sleeving the cut end and reconnecting it to the rest of the system. So basically you remove the bottle neck making it much more free flowing. If this is the case then I'll do this myself when I change the exhaust system later in the year, seems like a very straight forward mod. I'm pretty sure this is what a mate of mine did to his mg zr 160 and it certainly made a noticeable difference to that, not by adding bhp but certainly with drivability.

Reaction score
Is it just standard stainless steel pipe or does it have a special grade, also is the 2.5" internal or external???
Also i cant remember the location of the Lambda sensor without looking under the car but is it still connected to the cat or does it get chopped off?? If so whats is done with it???

Reaction score
The first thing would be to get hold of 2.5" steel pipe and measure the exact internal diameter, as obviously you'd have to be careful not to cut the cat too big as you have to leave space for welding the two. According to what I can see in the photo's, you retain the lambda sensor, and infact i think you can almost use it as a cutting guide, as it seems 2.5" is almost flush with the fitting hole. I think if your planning on doing this yourself then, it's case of taking your time marking it out and cutting it, as a CAT is pretty expensive to replace if it goes wrong!

I'm going to be given this a go in the next couple of months!

Reaction score
Its that 2.5" internal or external though?? Obviously you would want the new section of pipe to either slide into or fit over the existing pipe.
Also would it be worth just removing the centre box and having the pipe straight through to the back boxes??

Reaction score
I wouldn't know if it was internal or external without measuring the pipe first, but I'm pretty sure that the 2.5" is the external diameter. You could remove the centre box completely. It would make the standard exhaust a lot louder, however I would think to get any extra bhp gains you may need to get it re-mapped as it's mapped with a centre box fitted and removing it could effect the way it runs. I cant guarantee that it would need re-mapping, but it may be needed.

Reaction score
Got a RSTuner pro so it would just be a case of sending Henk my live data and getting a map from him, not too bothered about it being louder as long as it doesnt sound like a tank.
Going to give my mate a bell next week and see about getting it done.
Will update when / if it happens. Think it needs to happen soon though as i had the lug on the cat welded about 6 month ago and i think its about to give up the ghost again as when it was welded he couldnt get it back to a perfect circle again so i dont think the two sections match up correctly. Was OK for 4 month but sounds like its slighty blowing again.

Reaction score
Hi Scott! I've seen an advert for the RS Tuner in the latest french performance car magazine. I'm thinking about buying one are they any good? be grateful if you could tell me a bit about it.how does it work? can you map the car to any spec? and can you remove ECU errors with it too?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's tons of info on here about RS Tuners - entire thread/s dedicated.. do a quick search. People seem to recommend them.

Reaction score
Is that pic from a standard exhaust curley? i have a scorpion but i dont think it would be possible to do because of the centre silencer, as in the new section that is welded onto the cat would not be able to connect to the small pipe coming from the silencer as it has a flange thing on it?