Reaction score
Hi guys

Been using the carbon lorraine pads for the past few weeks but still find them very noisy. Can anybody recommend a good all round pad thats good for normal and fast road use that wont cost the earth? Wont use them on track as have the carbons still which i find excellant apart from the noise. Ta

Jay

Reaction score
I'm using DS Performance which do the job for fast road. I don't do any track stuff tho.

Reaction score
DS2500 for me, but with the cooler weather i do find they need a bit of warming up before they bite hard, which has lead to a few hairy moments shall we say.

Once warmed though 007 stops like its hit a wall (also running HC discs and Goodridge hoses)

Reaction score
The DS performance pads might be worth a try for purely road use. I also found the DS2500 can be a bit sketchy if you just want to get in and drive. They need some heat. Especially if you haven't had to use them in anger for a few drives ( in town). They can squeel a bit too. I replaced mine with Pagids after a couple of months.

Reaction score
Who said i dont take the car on track??? I will be taking it on track days with the CL's but my mate knows the chap who had somthing to do with the design and making of the pads and he said they should be ok allround. I Got the pads last christmas but the trophy was off the road for most of the year and only just got round to fitting them. Plus there priced ok compared to pagids.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sorry - i missunder stood the 'won't be taking them on track' i guess you meant the 'new' pads not the car.

Reaction score
I had the DS Performance on my 182 and found them to be utterly useless: very little bite, even when warm and plenty of fade on track, hardly a good combination!

I would recommend the stock pads for road use (the original 172 went from 60-0 quicker than the 911 of the day IIRC).

Currently I have DS 2500 and I drive the car every day but also get to the track about twice a month. These pads are perfect for that kind of use, enough consistency and bite for road use, but excellent fade resistence for the track as well, although they are starting to fade a bit now that they're getting thinner.