Car with Jms Inlet manifold.

Reaction score
Hi all.

Hopefully looking at a trophy this weekend. The car looks good, but it has a JMS inlet manifold (and I take it - re map). Are these worth having, as in do they cause any problems?

Are they easy to return to standard?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Claude will be the man to ask that question to, but as far as I'm aware it's a well worthwhile addition. If you don't like it I will swap my std set up with you as I am after one myself !!

Reaction score
The JMS/Stone Automotive RS2 inlet manifold is a desirable mod and while there is talk of them being remade nothing has so far materialised. Second hand they seem to fetch £600+.

I've had mine fitted for 4 years and at the time had a decat and bonnet catch conversion and obviously it was custom-mapped. Ultimately it's just a breathing mod so there really isn't much to go wrong, mine has been a faultless ownership experience.

It's common for them to return figures well into the 190s but it's the flat torque curve and smoothness of power delivery that is the USP. Of course figures depend on the starting point of your engine and what mods you combine it with, plus how well it's mapped and by who.

As for returning it to standard, I can't see there being many challenges.

I think it's a superb mod albeit expensive, but I can't imagine going back to standard. Don't let it put you off though, if the rest of the car and its history looks good then I'd buy it and decide whether to revert to standard and sell the RS2, or keep it (and I'd probably get the map checked) and just enjoy it!

All the best

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Really helpful.