Reaction score
Gareth said:
i've just gone bugger it and booked the last remaining space on the course this Friday.... wanted something pretty quick and had noticed as i browsed that the dates are getting booked up pretty damn quick.

i'm booked on with a Alfa GT, Caterham 7 and a Elise S1.... hope the good weather stays with us :D
Good stuff! Have fun and watch out for low flying WWII planes :wink: BTW, there isn't (or wasn't when I did it) any shelter there so be sure to bring a brolly just in case :)

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Gareth said:
i've just gone bugger it and booked the last remaining space on the course this Friday.... wanted something pretty quick and had noticed as i browsed that the dates are getting booked up pretty damn quick.

i'm booked on with a Alfa GT, Caterham 7 and a Elise S1.... hope the good weather stays with us :D
Good stuff! Have fun and watch out for low flying WWII planes :wink: BTW, there isn't (or wasn't when I did it) any shelter there so be sure to bring a brolly just in case :)

Cheers matey.... just looking at the weather and it's still looking like sunshine for the rest of the week.... but you're right about the lack of shelter - they did mention that to me!

Reaction score
highly recommend this day.... i had a great time getting to try out the new setup of my car on an open field and also finding out what happens to the car when you give it more beans than perhaps you should.

sadly no-one had a camera, but i had plenty of 3 wheel action and have got to know my limits as well as the limits of the car and how it handles.

definitely recommend this day as being worthwhile :D :D

Reaction score
Perfect for secretly using it to test the damper settings. :lol:

How much and where?

Reaction score
I have done this course in a s2000, it was a great laugh although I always felt a bit car sick at lunch :). I remember I was trying to show off to my passenger using left foot braking etc so I took the high speed bend at 120mph, we span goodness knows how many times in a cloud of burnt rubber with bits of the airfield getting in the car as I had the top down. One of the guys also let me take his m3 round which I am ashamed to say I span is well on the first corner of the circuit as I was too laid back with the steering input from driving my s2000. There was also a crazy guy in a elise, he would change gear first and then put the clutch in sometimes :) . Great thing is you get to passenger and sometimes drive (if your lucky) everyone else's cars. Its seriously addictive, I have lost count how many of these days I have done.

Anyway great times and well worth the money as a track day is a lot more if you consider you need track day insurance and don't let the car cool down as much so there is a lot more wear.