Reaction score
well done for doing it. I was surprised they weren't red in the first place, seeing as the 172 cup had blue rather than silver.

I quite like it! Will look even better with red harnesses.

leave them in for a week or so and see what you think after a week. Then you will have a better idea of whether you like them or not.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
does everyone else have recaro written down the seats like in mats pic?

I dont :?

Reaction score
I quite like it too Mat - couple of quick q's - are they easy to remove? How much does another set cost roughly? Did you paint them yourself or get a bodyshop to do it? Maybe you could post another pic from behind the front seats, closer and showing the whole length of the dash so people can see the other side with the smaller dash insert too?

I always thought the black inserts in the black V6 255's looked better than the standard silver ones, had thought about going down that route....

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
I quite like it too Mat - couple of quick q's - are they easy to remove? How much does another set cost roughly? Did you paint them yourself or get a bodyshop to do it? Maybe you could post another pic from behind the front seats, closer and showing the whole length of the dash so people can see the other side with the smaller dash insert too?

I always thought the black inserts in the black V6 255's looked better than the standard silver ones, had thought about going down that route....

Dead easy to remove, they just pop in and out.

I got a spare set cheap on ebay as scratched a little.

I got Mark (Middo) from cliosport to paint them for me, he charged me £20 including return postage - which seemed fair as I couldn't be bothered to do it.

I'm hoping that it will all come together when the harnesses are fitted (next Tuesday) as they are bright red with yellow 'Sabelt' logos.

dashinserts3.jpg

dashinsert4.jpg

It's missing the AIRBAG sticker, but Mark has promised to send me one in the post.

Reaction score
I think it looks good also think it should have been there from the start . Good job

Reaction score
Pretty cool I think, great thing being that you can remove them if you fancy a change/don't like them/sell the car<--- :shock: .. Ignore last option!!!

As with all previous comments, I think Matts that have red stitching and harnesses should set it off a treat! :D

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of doing this for months now, I pciked up a set of the 182 inserts with the mock carbon look, that are fitted to the car currently, and have the standard matt finished silver ones which I was going to have a play with.

I was also thinking of doing the renault sport logo on the steering wheel and the gear knob insert, which I have a spare one knocking around somewhere.

Reaction score
It'll look great when the harnesses are in, like a Clio Cup car but nicer! I still can't decide whether to get that Richbrook gear knob, I hate the standard one, it's really cheap and nasty, the handbrake is worse but I'll never change that - it's just a little too far on the Max Power spectrum for me.

Reaction score
In all of my cars I have owned the gear knob was the first thing to change, thing is i just cant find one that looks good in the Trophy, I really like the Richbrook items but not sure what to go for.

On thing I would like to do is get hold of the silve handbrake button that they put into every Clio but the Trophy.

Reaction score
I've not had any issues with my Richbrook gear knob (apart from removing the old one), although at first it did feel a tad small compared to the original but now it feels just right.

Now that the dash inserts are painted I'm also considering having the "2.0 16V" side badges painted anthracite to match the wheels? Could this be a step too far?

Reaction score
well what have you got to lose.. it's reversable..it's not like anthracite would look totally removed from the style of the car seeing as it matches the wheels.. if anything it's less garish than the current silver!

Reaction score
The side badges I would keep the colour they are, mayber get the writing painted in red to bring them out, but if you matched the colour to the wheels the Trophy Logo would just look out of place as its Silver.

Reaction score
Maybe someone could do a quick photoshop of the badges in anthracite for you Mat? That'd give you a good indication of how they would look.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Maybe someone could do a quick photoshop of the badges in anthracite for you Mat? That'd give you a good indication of how they would look.

That would be handy, also with the Trophy logo's in anthracite maybe?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, you must be bored....... be interesting to see though. I am starting to wonder though if it'll look like that silver one that the dealership did - although aboviously in grey and red..... maybe overkill.