Reaction score
Cue said:
lol, you must be bored....... be interesting to see though. I am starting to wonder though if it'll look like that silver one that the dealership did - although aboviously in grey and red..... maybe overkill.

Bored ..... can you tell :wink:

Still off to the ring in 8 days time. :lol:

Reaction score
7MAT said:
SteveC said:
POP A side image up of the car and I will be more than happy to give it a go

How about this one?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/ ... mmdrop.jpg

That should work for the badges but probably a little too far away to try and do the 'Trophy' decals in anthracite.

Cue - a quick photoshop should answer all our questions, it might look great or it might look rank - but its only a bit of digital tomfoolery so no harm done either way ;)

Reaction score
here we go, not great as the picture was quite small but gives you and idea

I have smoked the side repeaters and aslo made the trophy logo darker. Oh and added the red on to the 2.0 16v writing.

TBH I really dont like it, just looks a little odd.

Attachments

• Clio dark copy.jpg
    Clio dark copy.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 793
Reaction score
7MAT said:
I've not had any issues with my Richbrook gear knob (apart from removing the old one), although at first it did feel a tad small compared to the original but now it feels just right.

Now that the dash inserts are painted I'm also considering having the "2.0 16V" side badges painted anthracite to match the wheels? Could this be a step too far?

that has popped in and out of my mind as well as the red interior bits, but decided to leave it alone!

don't think the photoshop looks bad at all, but it like the side badges in the silver because they really stand out!

Reaction score
Matt, what you do to your car is your business alone, I think most of us, even those who haven't touched our cars cosmetically, like what you've done but I think it could start to get a bit nasty. I would leave the exterior of the car alone, the red inserts are cool because the 172 Cup ones were blue and it fits with the other interior changes that have been done first and foremost for driver ergonomics and for better track-use. Changing the trim bits is exactly what that tool did do the ruined sliver one, and there's no end to it, without hardly realising you will put those fucking ghastly crystal rear lenses in and limo tints, where does it stop? This is how the whole Max Power modification thing was started, not through creativity or innovation, but through boredom.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
I'm also considering having the "2.0 16V" side badges painted anthracite to match the wheels? Could this be a step too far?

Grrrr.... i was in the process of getting this sorted too.... i think it'll look pretty good :D

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Well I got my spare set painted - what's the verdict?

Should I leave them in or rip them out and put the original silver set back in?

dashinserts.jpg

if you do decide to rip them out.... i'll have them straight off you :wink:

think that looks pretty damn good.... Middo is shit hot at his work tbh...

Reaction score
I am very tempted to take the side badges off and paint the 2.0 16v red to mach the car, I just think they will stand out a little more than they do. Eaither that or paint the side badge and leave the letters silver.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Matt, what you do to your car is your business alone, I think most of us, even those who haven't touched our cars cosmetically, like what you've done but I think it could start to get a bit nasty. I would leave the exterior of the car alone, the red inserts are cool because the 172 Cup ones were blue and it fits with the other interior changes that have been done first and foremost for driver ergonomics and for better track-use. Changing the trim bits is exactly what that tool did do the ruined sliver one, and there's no end to it, without hardly realising you will put those **** ghastly crystal rear lenses in and limo tints, where does it stop? This is how the whole Max Power modification thing was started, not through creativity or innovation, but through boredom.

I totally agree with you there Steve, no more cosmetic mods for me. In fact after the harnesses are in I just plan to enjoy the car.

Although I have seen painted side badges before on 182 clios and they can look really good.