Reaction score
Why the Trophy has one of the worst rear benches i've ever seen that does not match the front at all? especially when the 182 rear bench would match it really well, not a major issue but it annoys me

Reaction score
I guess because it allowed them to spend more on awesome shocks, the mint recaros, speedline alloys and stay within a decent price range. Not to mention ticking the "5 seats hatch back box".

It also saves weight by having the crappy bench and they probably assumed that most people would not want to carry rear passengers in a car that is more at home on the track than it is on the roads. Plus becuase the recaros are quite meaty if the normal 182/172 bench was put in would it mean even less room for rear passengers?!

I can only get one passenger in the back tbh as I am quite tall and have my seat quite far back. In all honesty though I avoid rear seat passengers as much as possible.

Reaction score
well i dont often have people in the back but at the very least they could have made it the same colour a the recaros surely

Reaction score
Its part of the nature of the parts bin special edition. They through in the bench seats from a Dynamique or something like that. If you don't like it, you could always replace it with the rear bench of a FF 172/182.

Reaction score
Agree that it's only a minor thing, but I also find the rear bench very ugly in comparison to the Recaros.

richjones76 said:
a car that is more at home on the track than it is on the roads.

I've always been under the impression that the Trophy was designed specifically for the British A/B roads? The 172 Cup is more for the track.

Reaction score
If it bugs you that much what did u get a T for? Even with a FF rear seat you still need to be a double leg amputee and have an iron stomach to ride in the back of a T, especially on British A/B roads.

Reaction score
reboot said:
If it bugs you that much what did u get a T for? Even with a FF rear seat you still need to be a double leg amputee and have an iron stomach to ride in the back of a T, especially on British A/B roads.
Like i said twice!! its not a major problem, the good points far outweigh the bad points, i just dont think its too much to ask to have the same colour trim front and back do you?

Reaction score
In all honesty i dont sit in the back so i dont mind I'm just happy with the Treadline! After all the Recaro's weigh out for having a bad rear bench seat in the end!

Reaction score
the whole interior is of poor quality really - except Recaros- but as said if it matters that much don't buy one.

Reaction score
LIKE I SAID! it doesent matter that much, i posted it as just an observation until a couple of people turned it into a big deal! Jeeeeeez :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL, calm down fella's you're arguing about a fluff covered bit of cardboard that I suspect Reno only fitted to make it 5 seat. If you're going to carry rear passengers then please fit a proper seat with headrests, if not get rid of. The only reason I keep mine is because the Orb is pretty loud without.

Reaction score
felix said:
the whole interior is of poor quality really - except Recaros- but as said if it matters that much don't buy one.

I don't think it's that bad. Yes it's cheap but still a decent place to be and for the cost/performance its good value.

People go on about German quality being the benchmark and yes some of there interiors are lovely however I have a friend with a 1 series BMW and I don't it's interior is that good.

It annoys me when people make out the interior on our Trophies is similar to that of a 10 year old car.