Reaction score
Righto, as some probably already know, there are 7 '06 registered V6 255's in the UK. Renault UK have decided to sell off one of them. Its an 06 plate obviously and its in an ultra rare Moonlight blue, which to my knowledge is number 001 of 001. In other words the only one in the country. They've put it up for sale to the dealers now, so if you are interested you need to get down to your nearest dealer. :wink:

Reaction score
Someone will grab that off the system and put it up for mental money. I think a few more will come out of the woodwork 04 and 54 as it's around about the two year change cycle. Anthing I buy i'll post on.

Reaction score
is the uktra blue one the dark coloured one that was run by Jeremy? Remember seeing some pictures of it and cliosport, nice colour though i still prefer the loud liquid yellow :p

Reaction score
Yep it is the dark blue. In certain lights in almost looks like black gold. Its been around a bit, I think its done about 7,500 miles.

Reaction score
Lee G said:
Yep it is the dark blue. In certain lights in almost looks like black gold. Its been around a bit, I think its done about 7,500 miles.

Knew there was some pic's of it somewhere - Lee took these of it at the RenaultSport trackday at Oulton Park

Attachments

• Oulton95.jpg
    Oulton95.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,931
  • Oulton97.jpg
    Oulton97.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,933
  • Oulton99.jpg
    Oulton99.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,931
  • Oulton93.jpg
    Oulton93.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,931
Reaction score
Think I'll have to agree with you here Gareth, I love that midnight blue but the Vee looks so damned good in yellow, the first one I saw was silver, which I loved then I saw a Liquid Yellow (Terrible name incidentally, might as well have called it Piss Yellow) one and fell in love with it.

I think, if they don't do a V6 with the current model, the prices are going to soar in the future, worth keeping hold of this one and looking after it (eg. Don't let Fred drive it!)

Reaction score
I don't think the prices will soar (over enthusiast!!!!) but they might level off and be back to last list price in say 15 years. Already V6255 are advertsied for far too much money on Autotrader etc. Reality prices are quite a bit less. I enquired after a low mileage 05 plate and he wants £19000! It's worth circa £16500-£17000 in the trade and a bit more privately.

Reaction score
allvehicles said:
I don't think the prices will soar (over enthusiast!!!!) but they might level off and be back to last list price in say 15 years. Already V6255 are advertsied for far too much money on Autotrader etc. Reality prices are quite a bit less. I enquired after a low mileage 05 plate and he wants £19000! It's worth circa £16500-£17000 in the trade and a bit more privately.

a few too many people are using the fact that it's no longer produced and the fact that there's no V6 planned for the forseeable to line their pockets then! interestingly though, a guy on cliosport really struggled to sell his 05 plate V6 and he was being very realistic imo with what he was after for it

Reaction score
Same V6 that was all over my back bumper at Brands in August, driven by Jeremy at the time. Jumped out of the way as soon as I could, and tried to keep up as best I could, but I've never seen a V6 hassled that quickly around a track! :twisted:

There's one local to me, don't know the reg though, in the Lunar Grey which is another awesome colour, and probably ultra rare as well.

Reaction score
I'd have imagined that you could stay in front by making up time in the corners... there's a great historic touring car series right now with an MGBV8 doing that week in week out to more powerful cars.

Reaction score
Yellow definitely suits the car's character better. Otherwise it's like a body builder in a suit rather than in a tearaway t-shirt.

No doubt there will be a 56 plate V6 out there too! :)

O.

Reaction score
When I got my ex-V6 255 in 2004, I remember that they did an ID colour (£1,500 option) which was metallic brown :shock: and believe it or not, apparently there is at least one floating around the UK somewhere.

With regards to liquid yellow, they also did the Vee in another yellow - which was kind of a bit more lime greeny, forget the exact name of it now.

Definitely a Black Gold man myself 8)

Reaction score
Lee G said:
also did the Vee in another yellow - which was kind of a bit more lime greeny, forget the exact name of it now.

Acid Yellow. Or Bogey Green i'd personally call it :lol:

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,884
Reaction score
Lee G said:
I remember that they did an ID colour (£1,500 option) which was metallic brown :shock:

Deep Bronze :wink:

Only pictures i have of it, looks almost Black Gold to be honest

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Reaction score
Puke green and shite brown I'd call them. Doesn't look as good without the silver air intakes.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the brown looks nice in the light but there is no way on earth i'd have a brown car lol...... that's just wrong.

Reaction score
Too right, bronze my arse!

Do you remember those Renault Monaco limited editions from the 80's, they did a 25, 21 and a 5 - all in a metallic dog turd brown, complete with bad guts shite coloured leather interior. I reckon they found a few tubs of the old paint and decided to slap it on a V6. :?