Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to have a look at another clio on friday, its a 1.2 with a full 182 bodykit, interior, wheels and exhaust system on..

I know its not a real 182, but I simply cant afford one, and for 3.5k for this one I think its far better to use that for now

Its only done 14000 miles, so i know its not going to be well and truely knackered, but can someone just give me some pointers of what to look out for, any visible things that I might need to look for to make sure the engine isnt shot, or any structural damage?

Thanks

Tom

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not too sure about 1.2's, that seems fairly cheap for a car that has only 14k on it. Is that price comparable with others of the same age/mileage? But then the bodykit etc will effect the price.
But look for all the usual things really, all doors fit properly and boot/bonnet, are all panels the same colour! look under carpet in boot and around the engine bay. Get underneath with a torch etc etc.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
check for FSH, open up the oil filler cap and if you see what resembles porridge then leave it.

See if it's had the bonnet catch recall done.

Check the brakes for signs of uneven wear, and the width of the pad. Not sure on the service schedules of a 1.2 but i'd have thought it would have had one by now.

Usual stuff really.

Reaction score
Dont worry guys

He just told me honestly! that he doesnt know what happend to the service history but hes got the service book from when he got a service done, and also has had damage to side, but replaced panels (hence now looking like a 182) to cover it up (obviously he said that in different words!)

Thanks tho,

Just now to get a cheaper quote on 182

£2600 so far

BUT, why does parking it outside in a public car park make it £180 CHEAPER a year than parking it in a private garage?

Tommy

Reaction score
Tommy said:
BUT, why does parking it outside in a public car park make it £180 CHEAPER a year than parking it in a private garage?

Tommy

Hmm, sounds like somethings amiss there!

Is it classed as a secure car park with a security guard and a barrier to get in and out of?