Buying new tyres.

Reaction score
I need new tyres for my 182. Im going to get the Michelin PIlot Exalto PE2 205 45 r 16 83V. I was just wondering if all Pilot Exaltos come with the reinforced sidewall/rim protector? Or do they manufactor one with and ones without?

Thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's only two types of Exaltos - V or W rated. they both have supposed rim protectors.. apparently these didnt engage when my ex drove the car :roll:

Reaction score
My wife has also put the rim protector to the test and it failed badly!! My fault, should have known better since she also seems to like playing the road going version of dot-to-dot hitting all pot holes, man-hole covers, fresh road kill etc.

Reaction score
ha ha women they have a knack of breaking things

Reaction score
Only make of tyres I have used where the rim protector works is Dunlop!

Reaction score
I've got some Bridgestone RE-11's and they've got a HUGE rim protector ridge - a lot more substantial than the PE2's. But, it's still only rubber and won't protect a rim from a hard knock.

Reaction score
murcod said:
I've got some Bridgestone RE-11's and they've got a HUGE rim protector ridge - a lot more substantial than the PE2's. But, it's still only rubber and won't protect a rim from a hard knock.

Yeah the Bridgestone rim is quite good, I think I remember them on some RE-720's I had.