Reaction score
I've been hunting around for a t for a while now, extensive research on here has really helped with any questions I've wanted to know or find put more on, so thank you.
I am just wondering what people's views are on higher milage specimens, are they a pretty solid car if all he's been well maintained and looked after? Ideally id like to find one with 40-50k pm the clock but if what appears to be a tidy little number with 70+ on it, is it one to avoid? I hear some saying that better and smoother performance comes from a t with this sort of milage?
Also, I often look on PH but don't know whether it's worth waiting for a t on the forum to come up, I know this is a den for pure car fans and people who take pride, whom of which I want to follow in the steps of.
Any feedback much appreciated.
Thanks,
Luke

Reaction score
I'm considering selling mine in the next couple months as got a baby due on 24th of oct. I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place as whether to sell as I've spent alot maintaing it (dampers currently with BG being fully re built incl new
Shafts costing around £730 plus gotta put it through the mot when I get the dampers back) but really it's not suitable as a practical family car. Always been well serviced and motul 300v oil used. Dephaser pulley been done. Need to look into it but probably be looking for around 4k. Its done 90k and never missed a beat. I would say mileage wouldn't be a problem if it's been properly maintained to a high standard.

Reaction score
Ah congrats on the baby :) That's around the time I'd be looking to buy as well... I'll keep an eye out if you do decide to. To be fair the milage wouldn't put me off anything, it's only because of the frenchs 'brittle build quality' rep that I'd be dubious, but like I say, many have said milage isn't really an issue. I think I read somewhere on here that someone owns a t with 180k?! I could be massively wrong in believing that, I'm sure I'll stand to be corrected or my knowledge to be confirmed by someone on here, I'm new to the forum malarkey, but it seems everyone is pretty helpful and friendly.
The car sounds a steal, have you modified it at all?

Reaction score
Sir_Dave's Trophy is nearing 190K IIRC.

Don't be put off by some T's with mods!

Reaction score
Big dave, it's nothing about the mods that put me off buying a t, not in the slightest, in fact I'd probably rather buy one with a couple of mods actually, the main reason I ask is because I'd like to know just how much difference they would make when it comes to insurance premiums. I mean, what mods would possibly send the cost higher? Would an exhaust, filter, map, and upgraded discs and pads bump it up?
Sir Dave, the car looks smart, and 186k is very impressive! Does it still run well? If I'm correct, thats nearly the distance of 8 times round the equator...quite a long way!

Reaction score
Ah congrats on the baby :) That's around the time I'd be looking to buy as well... I'll keep an eye out if you do decide to. To be fair the milage wouldn't put me off anything, it's only because of the frenchs 'brittle build quality' rep that I'd be dubious, but like I say, many have said milage isn't really an issue. I think I read somewhere on here that someone owns a t with 180k?! I could be massively wrong in believing that, I'm sure I'll stand to be corrected or my knowledge to be confirmed by someone on here, I'm new to the forum malarkey, but it seems everyone is pretty helpful and friendly.
The car sounds a steal, have you modified it at all?

I'm fitting ktr new bolt in alloy solid top mounts on my newly refurbished dampers, I have ktr ultra performance exhaust and the sports cat that goes with it. I have brembo max carbon grooved disks on the front and red stuff pads all round and braided brake hoses. I have the pipercross viper carbon induction kit. If your ready to buy and interested PM if you don't hear anymore from me on here it might give me the push to sell if I had a buyer.

Reaction score
Tiz Woz, mods depend on your insurance.

I am with Sky Insurance and they increase the premium by a % depending on the mod.

You don't have to declare different pads and discs. Otherwise you'd notify your insurance when you put different tyres on the car than it rolled out of the factory with :)