Buying a turd...

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
As the subject says, After worrying about the Clio and not wanting to leave it anywhere in fear or dents, scratches etc. im looking to buy a shitter.

Anyone got some good examples? I want something with a boot (estate) so i can fit mountain bikes in also something thats reliable thats not so much of a shitter its going to cut out every few meters, oh and also diesel so it doesn't cost a bomb to crank up the miles.

Ta

8)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah thats a thought, i've been hunting piston heads etc and found Focus estates etc which are tempting

Reaction score
I'm going down the same route for a second car. Have found a Mazda 626, 50k miles, 2000 X reg, MOT and Tax, for £1k. Bargain!

Alternatives include a Corolla, Astra and Mondeo...

O.

Reaction score
An old-ish Volvo Estate should do the trick. Once got 4 Trek Mountain bikes and still had room for the rest of the gear in the back of a Volvo (ok i took the front wheels off).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
old BMW's - 3 series touring, go for the E30 or E36 or an old Volvo - bullet proof. Also have a look at Subaru's Forrester, not sure on price but an early one could be pennies and if you go for the STi they go like stink.