Reaction score
I have just been reminded that in 2011/2012 the 'fleet average' emissions come donwnot 120 gms/km. It is about 160 plus at present - and the 197 as an example is 209.

Goodness knows how it will be achieved; I would guess that low volume exotics will stay for the high price halo effect, but the higher voulme cars, such as the 182 or 197 may well get squeezed, as otherwise it will require lots of sub 100 cars - which don't even exist ar present to balance the fleet average.

iIknow that 2011seems a long way off, but four years will fly past, so all that I am suggesting is make sure that you go for it while the going is good - once you own the dream car you will be in ahead of the game - if that makes sense.

Reaction score
George K said:
I have just been reminded that in 2011/2012 the 'fleet average' emissions come donwnot 120 gms/km.

I'm sure Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porshe are going to give two shits about this. How absurd.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
But will you still have it in 2011?

Well nobody can answer that, but when i bought 307 i always looked at it as a car i'd keep and at some point would buy something else as well. That's win win for me. :D

Reaction score
We may have bio-ethanol Elises on sale by then...

O.

Reaction score
I think the e92 m3 csl is 3/4 years off, what will happen to that? Won't they just raise road tax and petrol duty as they always do to penalise people and therefore the values of big engine cars will come tumbling down. I still think air travel taxation does not represent the true cost to the environment, I wish they would focus on this.

Reaction score
richyboy123 said:
I think the e92 m3 csl is 3/4 years off, what will happen to that? Won't they just raise road tax and petrol duty as they always do to penalise people and therefore the values of big engine cars will come tumbling down. I still think air travel taxation does not represent the true cost to the environment, I wish they would focus on this.

I think it's hard for any Trophy owner to criticise other polluters, it's hard to justify owning a car at all if you're campaigning against carbon dioxide emissions, let alone a sports model, that has higher emissions purely to go faster (not even to carry more weight/cope with different terrains a la a 4x4), does a hatchback need an 182bhp 2.0 litre engine?

I can only defend my actions by trying to be carbon neutral, I do this by making sure I push as much green technology into all the building design I have an influence on, solar heating, max U-values etc. Domestic energy cosumption is still a far greater polluter than all road and air transport.

Reaction score
think Steve has a point on the emission in homes...... but i do think retial companies need to be given a kick up the behind, it is they who leave numerous lights on in windows of shops and office buildings, which if turned off would go some way to helping the problem. Working in Windsor at night the numer of shops with lights left on is rediculous!!

As to his other point.......... the hatchback DOES need a 182 2.0 engine!!!!!! :lol:

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
it is they who leave numerous lights on in windows of shops and office buildings, which if turned off would go some way to helping the problem.

We've motion and heat sensors in our building... if you're not there then the light turns off. Snazzy :)

O.