Reaction score
So are we being stiffed for another £10 or £15 a year to drive on shit roads?

I'm reading and getting conflicting information!

That's in addition to the increase in petrol taxes. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Reaction score
I always get it back somehow. I'm in the process of screwing my bank for all the overdraft charges they've extorted me for over the years, plus interest. :D

Gordon'll get his. :twisted:

Reaction score
I was looking for this info today, I knew we'd get screwed over.... again.

Just as well I remembered to renew my tax yesterday! (For a year as the difference would be almost £20 as it was!)

Reaction score
glad i bought my motor from the steelers last week, 12 months tax inc. :)

i thought it was only gonna be chelsea tractors getting screwed which is fair enough.
oh and what is it we are paying for exactly.... oh the great roads of course :evil: lol

Reaction score
rube79 said:
glad i bought my motor from the steelers last week, 12 months tax inc. :)

i thought it was only gonna be chelsea tractors getting screwed which is fair enough.
oh and what is it we are paying for exactly.... oh the great roads of course :evil: lol

What do people always bring up 'Chelsea Tractors' and never sports cars? I bet a huge percentage of SUVs on the road are Diesel and probably in lower bands than the Trophy!!!

It's not a tax on the type of car it's a tax on the emissions it produces and sports cars and big engined saloons, MPVs, SUVs and estates get hit equally!

More annoying for me is the fact that the new pricing doesn't come into effect until tomorrow and the site is down so I can't do my renewal and save £10!!!

Reaction score
tax

I think its crazy guys we are the highest tax payers in the world we already pay tax 3times on a car. The governments aim is to get people off the road and on to busses and trains. its going to get to the point where you have to be on 50grand a year to be able to drive!!!!! labour sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Re: tax

kevontour77 said:
I think its crazy guys we are the highest tax payers in the world we already pay tax 3times on a car. The governments aim is to get people off the road and on to busses and trains. its going to get to the point where you have to be on 50grand a year to be able to drive!!!!! labour sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compared to many countries the UK is actually very cheap when it comes to car tax and overall running costs.

O.

Reaction score
Re: tax

oliie said:
kevontour77 said:

Compared to many countries the UK is actually very cheap when it comes to car tax and overall running costs.

O.

oliie, are you sure you're not on commission for supporting all the money screwing evil politics in the world? :lol:

Reaction score
Road tax should just be the cost of administering it i.e. £10, and then they should put 20p on petrol to make it up.

Reaction score
richyboy123 said:
Road tax should just be the cost of administering it i.e. £10, and then they should put 20p on petrol to make it up.

If it's not making any money, why bother with the £10 - junk the system entirely and save everyone some cash!

Road tax should be taken through fuel, with a basic 3rd party insurance included.

Reaction score
I think the road tax system still needs to be in place so people still get their cars MOT'ed but maybe they should call it something else like a vehicle licence fee for £10 that you can only get if your car has had an MOT.