G

saw a trophy this morning, coming pass on the 'rabbit' roundabout heading from Winterbourne into Little Stoke direction.

anyone from on here? I wasnt in the trophy though.... :oops:

Reaction score
Reckon that would be me air.
I work at RR, I am on the member map, welcome to the forum.

Have owned 228 for over 3yrs, been to Ring, Spa, Castle Combe! like it a lot.

Howabout you?

G

Yeah, sounds about right. I work in city centre so get a lift in (white integra type R DC5) on weekdays but first time I've spotted you on the route!

thanks for the welcome, I've only just brought the trophy last week so haven't really been driving it around. 383 is now in Bristol!

unfortunately I have no track experience :oops: but thats definitely something I may look into as Castle Coombe is only just up the road from Bristol.... I was going to track the dc2 that I got at the moment but as usual I leave it too late and am now selling the car... Ring and Spa? I can see you dont mess about with the trophy! 8) would love to go on those tracks but I dont trust myself... :mrgreen:

nice to see/know there are a few trophies in Bristol.

Reaction score
Ah Jonnys old car.
Looks like he was seduced by 300hp - He wont see 38mpg again!

Will look out for the DC5, sure I have seen on couple of occasions, car I have been tempted by, look at some of the previous debates, George K sprints and hills one after yrs with CT, there is nowt between them.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7989

If you want to get to know me and/or explore the tracks, happy to give you some help next yr.
Join the local club http://www.bristolpegasus.com/
Its v good value and would be nice to see another 182.

G

thanks for the warm welcome Pete. Yeah I will have a little look into the local club which I think would be great to join and learn/improve my driving...

also its nice to know the DC5 wouldnt kill off the trophy (considering the power to weight differences of both)

and johnny getting 25.8mpg on a long run? I managed 32mpg on short trip runs all this week... :lol: I was averaging 37 I think when driving back from yours johnny!

but it sure does look good the RS... :D

Reaction score
Yep, join the Pegasus - one of best things I ever did, we have our own TD at Combe in Aug every yr, you will save £50 on normal rates by being member just on that alone! Meets are at Almondsbury so could not be much closer 4 u.

Trophy v DCs interesting... I think V the 5, 182 losses a smidge in S line but more than makes up round the bends, Vs a quick DC2 might have met match!

I find driving for good fuel con is fun as well as going fast (I am getting old and its so diff going fast on rd nowadays anyway - hence get on the track). The T has so much torque, with small thottle you can be in 4th/5th almost everywhere! 40mpg is not impossible. I drove to ring had 8 laps, then to Spa, did a double T day, home again - 31 to gallon, would not get near that with Turbo car.

Yeah the Ford looks ok but in a big vulgar sort of way, (The German influence..) compared with CT or Elise/Exige that are cute and quick.

G

yeah, I think I should be ready for a track day down Coombe in August... :D but I may pop down to some events and just be a spectator for the day for the time being...

the Honda's are great cars. Just the DC2 does need to be worked quite hard to get the best out of it. Certainly feels alot rawer due to its stripped out version feel. But nothing really in it between the two...

As for the DC5, it does feel faster ( might be the i-Vtec pull) but I still think its quite a big car to be flinging around corners (Lovely driving position though). Dont get me wrong, they are fast around corners but I much prefer to be chucking corners in a smaller nimbler hatchback...just seems more fun!

mpg wise, I'm getting quite good as the torque in the Trophy means I dont need to rev it hard everywhere. Still interested in a turbo car like a evo 6/8 but not the running costs! (and maybe when I need 4 doors)

The RS is very nice. big...actually very big! but it does shift and is a nice choice of new car for johnny. Looks very nice as well in the interior but I wouldnt like to pay the fuel on that... :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Hi air, was that you I spotted earlier this week going into Winterbourne 8.15ish in white DC5, cant be too many of em about. I gave you wave, going other way of course..
You had look at that Pegasus website yet? or been too busy with your tar spots!

G

Hey Pete,

yes that was me! I was half asleep at the back when I saw a trophy coming down the hill, waving like a mad man :lol:

my friend thought you was a bit crazy, till I told him I've seen you on the forum and was spotted!

I've had a quick scan over at the pegasus's website, but been too busy sorting other things out... like tar spots! :oops:

Its ok, I've gathered that its Johnny's area rather than the car atracting tar spots. But I think I've missed some bits out... so just need a really good day to go over the car in detail (which doesnt seem possible in this weather!)

But definitely good to see a trophy around in my morning work travels!