Brembo conversion

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I saw a 182 this weekend with a Brembo conversion and I loved it. I had money set aside to buy a new print (another expensive hobby) but I cant stop looking at these brembo conversions. They were one of my favourite things about the 197 cup I had. I've got about £600 from some wheels I've sold. Pretty confident I could manage it for that, but is it a massive head ache? I dont want to do lots of machining etc to the callipers so im guessing im going to have to factor in some cup tourinis or spacers?

Just curious for peoples experiences and obviously loads of pics, the colour is obviously the most important choice in all of this haha.

Reaction score
Callipers I bought from eBay (ALS)

Mounting brackets were Chris Powell ones (280mm)

Brakes lines were another eBay purchase

Discs were from George Snee (RTR)

There's no requirement to mill unless you want them to fit under 15s

In hindsight I wouldn't bother, I'd just run proper decent pads, but they do look good.

No idea what the weight difference is - Mike, what do you reckon?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What pads would you recomend for std set up ?? Mine is on Pagid and felt a bit wooly at some points in Wales

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The T looks like it's running Ferrodo ds2000 from what I can see and they stop well.

It's more of a "they look awesome" deal haha

Reaction score
I was going try Pagid RS4-2 (blue) pads after the Ferrodo DS2500s (which were great but when cold they were dire and borderline dangerous) but I never got round to it and bought the Brembo four pots so sold the Pagids to Miller.

Reaction score
To be fair I think that's well priced considering it's bells & rotors, Pure Motorsport brackets and the DS1.11 pads!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Spotted them earlier. I'd prob want red so would have to strip and powder coat. And then not too sure how much of an extra arse ache the bell and rotor set up would be come time to change them, I imagine they're locking wired on the back etc

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did the brembo conversion to my Trophy and absolutely love it! I might add.. my Trophy was due for a brake refresh and I had been contemplating brembos for a while.

I personally went for the 280mm as the brakepads sweep the disc without leaving a rust patch, plus the choice of running 15s.

Calipers and mounting brackets - Chris Powell

Calipers have to be machined if your wanting 280mm setup

Everything else
Brake pads
Brake discs
Brake lines
Brake fluid - George (RoadTrackRace)

I chose silver as I still wanted it to still look oem.

Stopping power is much better but there's more pedal travel.

It was expensive to do (best part of £700) but I love it and would do it again.

IMG_5405.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What seat belts are those fiona? My silver ones are disgusting and red looks awesome

Reaction score
Re: Seat belts.

The belts on my car were more brown than silver when I took ownership. A few hours with an old electric toothbrush and some upholstery cleaner has had them looking like new. Bit of time/hassle to do though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Two jobs for next year for sure haha mine are more brown as mentioned befor. And oil stained from the tits who did the tyres last

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@MO30

If you take a look for 131 in the owners bit, it's all there

Regarding the dirty silver seatbelts (bought another Clio sport ) , I did as @SharkyUK did but instead of a scrubbing brush, got the pressure washer on them. Sorted it 5mins and look as new!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
where did you get your red belts @Fiona and were they a ball ache to fit?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@ben3486

Have a look at 131 owners list.

It wasn't too bad tbh. I chose to change all 5 of my belts. The interior plastics were a bit of a pain but actually changing the belts over wasn't too bad.