Brake Prices: Northwest vs K-Tec

Reaction score
I'm just about to buy some new rear brakes (discs and pads) so thought I'd check the usual sites.

Northwest are selling genuine OEM rear discs, with bearings and ABS rings, for £90:

http://www.northwestperformance.co.uk/p ... o7ks7i9s34

Now maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere, but it looks like K-Tec are selling exactly the same item for £140:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 26&appid=2

Am I missing something or is there really that much of a difference in pricing??? These ARE the same item right?!

Thanks.

Reaction score
No you are right, they look like the same thing; the Northwest price is per pair I assume??

Reaction score
Looks that way - "Pair of..." is used in the description. Bit of a no-brainer then!

I was 99% sure they were the same item but couldn't quite believe how much more K-Tec are charging.

Cheers for the confirmation dude.

Reaction score
Are you sure?? The fast road/track package does (and is superb) but this looks like just oem discs...

Btw Jez - the latest classic & sportscar mag (recd today) is good!!!!

Reaction score
You are right, doesn't mention pads - bizzare.

Well I'd spend £23.63 more and go for the upgraded set up then since it includes pads :roll: must be worth spending £70 more than standard (and it is not that since pads are included, and you need new pads anyway)

Reaction score
Yeah you would've thought the fast road kit would be the one to go for, but I'm going to stick with OEM discs. I had an email exchange with Tom from JMS Tuning on this, and he was pretty specific.

"Always use OEM discs, the non OEM alternatives have far inferior bearing life" were his exact words.

Also had a bad experience with K-Tec (sending me braided lines to fit a 5GT :evil: ) so not mad about using them anyway.

Done.

Reaction score
Ha ha! I'll let you know as I have the fast road kit from Ktec - so far so good. Using it mainly for track days I'm expecting the discs to need changing again before the bearings go anyway... :)