Reaction score
hi folks,

looking at changing the front pads and disks. looking at k-tec website, i know most favour the pagig rs4-2 pads, but talking to a friend who has an e30 m3 and uses the carbon lorraine pads which are also on the k-tec website. anybody have them or heard eny reports about them. it does not say on the site what compound they are. any comments would be appricated. thanks

Reaction score
Heard the carbon setup to be hard on your wheels mate, but not tried it myself. Ive personally got the Yozzasport setup. brembo HC discs tp://www.yozzasport.co.uk/products.php?cat=132 with Ferodo DS2500 pads http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/products.php?cat=141 Cracking setup offering plenty of feel and a good improvement over standard. Yoz used to sell it as a kit... discs, pads, lines the lot, hes a top bloke and always there to help give him a bell or pop over if you dont live far away (they have some cracking cars to drool over) im sure he will fix you up.

Reaction score
I've no experience with the Carbon Lorraine pads but i can recommend the Pagid RS4-2 pads as being an excellent pad, had these on a few cars now and every time the improvements have been exceptional.
This is completely my own opinion but i wouldn't bother with any other disc than standard renault discs, i have tried different discs on a few of my previous cars and have never found any "up-rated" grooved/drilled disc to offer any performance gains over standard discs on a standard road car brake setup. As i said though this is completely my own opinion and many others would/will disagree with me.

Reaction score
Good point Cue, the original ones on my car only lasted 13k miles.

Reaction score
I have had the carbon lorraine pads with brembo max, unbelievable stopping performance, can be noisy, but incredible performance. Now onto my second set. Highly recommended if you want to do trackdays. Also, much better from cold than many others, particularly the Mintex pads I tried before.

Reaction score
Xuthos said:
I have had the carbon lorraine pads with brembo max, unbelievable stopping performance, can be noisy, but incredible performance. Now onto my second set. Highly recommended if you want to do trackdays. Also, much better from cold than many others, particularly the Mintex pads I tried before.

I'm thinking of trying the Carbon Lorraine pads but have heard there really noisy when cold?

:D

Reaction score
Carbone Lorraine pads are very very good but very very noisey. But for the stopping power they are worth it.
One of my customers has a set on his car and I can always tell when he is pulling up.
If you can change the pads yourself get a set for track use and put normal ones back on for road use.