Reaction score
I'm off to Angelworks on Monday for a service and am after some brake decent fluid. In my usual way I've left decision making far too late and can't get hold of any via mail order so have been phoning around places nearby and all I can find thus far is Ferodo and carlube or halfords own brand. I was ideally looking for Castrol Response Dot 4... Any suggestions? I could leave it and get it done another time if I can't source any...

Cheers

Reaction score
The racing DOT 4 stuff halfords do is very good. I'm running the DOT 5.1 as it was quite a bit cheaper and I have no issues.

In reality, you're not going to boil normal DOT 4 or 5.1 unless you're caning the brakes on a track.

Reaction score
I'm using Motul DOT 4 and after a day at Cadwell I thought it held up fine, but then I am Capt Slowish :roll:
With time of the essence, there's a shop in Ware called RPM Motorsport where I've bought Silkolene from before and they might have a decent selection of brake fluid, their website doesn't seem to be working these days, but you might want to give them a ring as they are on your way to Angelworks. Bike shops are another good place for finding brake fluid.

RPM Motorsport Ltd.
Redhouse Service Station
London Road
Ware
Hertfordshire
SG12 9LY
01920 460 800/07775 947588/01920 463 200

Edit: OCD me even managed to find this thread haha...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2691&p=24606&hilit=silkolene#p24606