Reaction score
I'm after anyone's experiences with fitting brake ducts in the Clio fog light holes. Does it make a worthwhile difference to brake cooling? Did you fit a collar on the front facing straight ahead to help catch the air or just ducting back from the holes? I imagine that fitting the ducts from a cup race car could make a noticeable difference in directing air into the duct?

Last time I was on track I could only get hold of standard Castrol Response fluid and it was getting too hot. This time I've bought the Super but the specs are not that different so I'm expecting it to overheat at some point.

Many Thanks,
Luke.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've always wondered how much that would interfere with the air intake for the engine though and whether you then have to start thinking about having a separate caf.

Reaction score
I've fitted some ducting from foglamp hole through the wheelarch liner, I am yet to fit my deflector plates though.

Not sure how much of a difference it did tbh, I think it did help a bit. But there are obvious issues with the airflow through them, as it's more likely to flow across bumper and off sides, hence reason of the cup car duct scoops. I am working on a Mk3 version atm that will hopefully make more of a difference ;)

Can't remember what size hose I used possible 4" but don't quote me on that, I'll check if you want.

Reaction score
I just ripped the fog lights & arch liners out. Brakes stay lovely and cool - thats with Castrol SR Dot 4, DS2500 pads & Standard lines/discs. :D

No need for ducting etc imho.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did wonder if a duct would block air flow through the holes in the floor in front of the wheelarch but I can't imagine much air flows through there anyway. I guess Dave's solution would solve that by taking the liners out but it seems a shame. I've already taken the fogs out so one option would be to just try the new fluid and If it feels like it can't cope then take the liners out on the day. I wont have 15 stone in the passenger seat this time. I think some proper ducts would be worthwhile though.

Reaction score
Out of the 8 clio's i know that regularly do trackdays, we all just pull the liners out for the day. Makes a massive difference, far greater than poncy discs/braided lines :)

Ducts are a great idea, & Yozzasport used to sell them, but they were blooming expensive!!

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Dave, I'll take the liners off tonight when I take the winter tyres off. :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thinking about it, you would need to to remove the liners or cut them about to fit ducts anyway.
Just as an aside the liner has plastic vanes on that seem to scoop and direct air up towards the air intake.

Reaction score
Hoolio, that's what I meant the ducting would cover but I don't think they can do much there as the splitter would block decent airflow. It does mean I don't have to cut holes in the liners which is a bonus yes.

Reaction score
The only thing ill be doing now that i run no-liners permantently is creating something to cover the bottom pulley that can be viewed from the drivers side front arch.

It'll probably be fine, but the thought of getting a stone in there worries me slightly.