Reaction score
I know this has been visited many times but I'm looking for some new brake discs and pads. Not fussed about track use, just want a good road set. They've got to be good from cold, not mark my alloys, no noise and I don't want to change the brake hose etc. I'm keeping it simple. Any ideas, plus where do I get them from. Thanks.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the no noise is a bit tricky, most good after market pads will cause some sort of grind/squeel.

brembo high carb disks are better than the oem ones, max better still but for the lower operational temps of road use not worth the extra £40.

I find my pagid RS 4-2's fine for road use, although again they may not be worth the cost for pure road use, maybe mintex 1144's or ds's a good choice.

Stay away from green stuff's, red stuff's etc, switching fluid to dot 4 is well worth it, much better pedal feel.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Stay away from green stuff's, red stuff's etc, switching fluid to dot 4 is well worth it, much better pedal feel.

I fitted red stuff 2 weeks ago and got 2 say there much better than standard pads, little squeak now and again at low speeds but if you need to brake hard they work mint, and lets face it, if your going to crash or u miss judge a corner and need 2 brake hard thats when u want your pads to grip like a t^&t, and the red stuff do. Dont get me wrong, they also work fine under normal breaking, only time i find them crap is at 6 in the morning when its -5, and thats only for about the first 3 times i brake.
Only ever used standard, mintex and red stuff but like i said red stuff seem the best.
Suppose it depends on how u drive and what the roads are like where u live.
Also i have been n the drink 2nite so i might be talking crap. lol :?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Red stuff operational temps are not recommended for road use from memory, they need to be warm to work. Plus they won't last you long when comparing them to DS2500 or pagids.

Reaction score
cue,

im on redstuff pads with brembo max discs aswell and have nothing but good things to say about them, they work fine from cold aswell
maybe you should try them out as they are a lot cheaper than ds2500 and the others!?

Reaction score
I've got the pagid rs4-2 kit from yozzasport and find that it works very well for everyday road use.

Reaction score
EBC products have a bad rep, particularly among the track fraternity, and I think this is largely due to varying quality between different batches of their products. For example their Yellowstuff pad was found in a test to have a varying coefficient of friction between 0.33 and 0.45 (IIRC). I have used Yellowstuff twice, and one set was fine (though it did not brake as much as DS2500) and the other disintegrated under identical usage (a three day ring trip). They are not noisy though :roll: and reasonably effective when cold. The Redstuff are similar in performance to Yellowstuff, but will give a lot shorter lifespan.

I have used DS 2500 and DS3000 as well, they are great for track work, but noisy for street use, DS3000 more so. DS2500 in particular are great value, as they seem to last forever. I am just about to go with Pagid RS4-2, so will add my two penny's worth when I have tried them.

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Yozzasport site and it seems that only front brake discs and pads are upgraded, is that right? I'm thinking about going for some Brembo Max Discs and Pagid Blue pads at the front. Should I leave the rear discs and pads standard?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well you can upgrade the rears but there is little point as it's expensive and almost pointless as the fronts do almost all the work.

That sounds like a good combination, same as me :)

Reaction score
I am worried about operating temperatures. I'm fairly easy on the brakes so they may not get up to operating temperature. Would I be better using new standard pads with the Brembo Max front discs?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
chris #418 said:
I've got the pagid rs4-2 kit from yozzasport and find that it works very well for everyday road use.

And i believe Cue has this set up (as i'm sure others have) so should be fine, the only thing i'm worried about is the bedding in period.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've had no issues with max disks and pagid blue pads. i highly recommend the combination.

i also run mintex extreme's on the rear - you can't really notice the difference to eom on the back but i've only run them on the road. I'll be able to tell more when i get it on track at the end of this month.

Pre the Rs4-2's i had extreme's on the front and they were pants, just disintegrated under heavy braking at cadwell last year.