Reaction score
Hi guys im in need of some advice, my trophy suspension is causing me some concern, on the o/s front of the car the suspension seems to be have a lot more play then the n/s , i've had a look and can't see any fluid but does this sound like the shock could be shot? the car has only done 23,000 so any info would be welcome. If in the worse case what shocks could i fit while it's repaired?
cheers

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi mate.

Sounds very much like your seals have gone.
If you can bounce the o/s front of the car then the damper almost certainly needs refurbing. I take it you know where to send them to for refurbishment ? Both dampers should be done in pairs as they are dyno'd to make sure they match.
You can fit standard 182 dampers to the car while they are being done.

How is the handling ?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the handling is a bit off so i won't go pushing it in to too many corners. I have to admit this was one aspect of the car that almost put me off buying it knowing that these shocks could only be repaired at one place, think it's pretty bad that this has happened when the car has only done low millage. Are you positive that standard 182 shocks fit straight on ? i ask this because i was told that the mountings are different? Any idea of the cost for getting these shocks refurb'd ? cheers..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As discussed on here I don't think milage really has much bearing on when they fail but if it bounces its gone.
The hubs on the T are different to other 182 so check whether normal struts will fit for definite.

Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem last year with the N/S front. I had it replaced by Renault and paid £350 for a new one as courtesy of Renault UK as it was out of warrenty. In hindsight, should have got both refurbed though I'd have to buy a pair of 182 Cup dampers on top of the refurb. My car had done nearly 30k miles when it happened. If the reservoir is loose on the damper then it's definetly gone.