Reaction score
I have fallen in love with all vechiles BMW m3 so in 6 months time and a lot of saving i am going to get one . I have never driven one so any comments on handling performance mpg .

Reaction score
Get an insurance quote first. It was more expensive for me to insure an E46 M3 than it was to insure a like-for-like 996. Also consider residuals.

Other than that - a great 'jack-of-all-trades' car. I've had a 330ci in the past and really did 90% of what I wanted in a car very well indeed.

Go with your heart... and let the head follow! Good luck either way :)

O.

Edit: the silver car looks great with those red seats!!! :) Nice.

Reaction score
I have to change the description, prev owner called to say they are Imola Red. I thought I was taking a punt on the red seats, but for me, it's a sports car and why drive something plain when you can have something outstanding.

Reaction score
I love it got as my screen save the seats are fantastic .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm obviously missing some kind of essential gene, BMW just leave me cold. Kinda "mmm that's nice and now i'm bored" :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is it the E46 model?

I think they're too bulky. I went for a 330 instead, not as quick obviously but quick enough and having come from a M3 Evo which was basically as quick as the E46 model didn't feel the need to go for the E46.

The image they have is more 'show' than sports car now, which is a shame as they are cracking cars. I still miss mine though.....

Reaction score
I ws very nearly going to sell the Trophy for an E36 EVO this weekend, after the missus said she really liked them, then found out she meant the E46. No chance. Too much of a Tosser's car and way too expensive to run (for me), I heard the services were about £800!

Max

Reaction score
Good friend had a 04 plate Cab, I drove it quite alot. It was great, had so much presence. Running costs were too much so he passed it on, £300 pounds for a rear tyre anyone?

Reaction score
Hmm, not all people that have them are to55ers...

I had one last year, owned it for 12 months, black, red leather iterior, TV, ..blah blah... SMG. Mate all I can say is I miss it so much. The trophy is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the M3 is very very special. I live in central London so the Trophy is perfect (bar missing country roads :( ) and given the crappy london drivers I dare not tempt fate anymore with a ~25k car.

I love cars, and tried a few before I opted for a E46 SMG... (M3 manual, EVO, Scooby, S4, 350z, didn't actually try a porsche...) if you haven't tried the SMG, do it, it's absoloutly brilliant, I apreciate some people say it disengages the driver etc etc., but living in central London, it just avoids the clutch issue all the time (you still need talent cos it starts off engaging the clutch using the throttle!), and the sound as it blips the throttle when it changes down, man that was so sweet :lol:

I decided that before I settle down, have kids or buy a house and all that s4it, I gotta do it, so I went and bought one. I did ~10k miles in the year including a road trip across Europe, (Route Napolean, Modena, Nurburgring etc) a track day, a few trips to Wales and a summer of tunnel / exhaust / downshift enjoyment. People may have opinions about a lot of cars, but the fact is it is a very capable car with plenty of power (throughout the revs and the gears), brilliant handling, more comfortable ride (vs Trophy) and the whole cabin is just a very nice place to be. I appreciate it's not raw like previous ones (or Trophy) and is fairly heavy, but it is such a nice place to be.

I loved having it mate, and you will too, just make sure you enjoy properly when you do get it. Since I sold mine, I think the prices have come down, but either way, they are so much car for the money, make sur you get one which is fully kitted out btw.

Link to my old one... I miss is... :cry:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/106033.htm

Sometime in the future I'd love to have another one (will probably keep the trophy too mind). I admit, I dislike the 'stereo-type' associated with it, but at the end of the day I buy a car on the basis of its performance handling and ultimatly cos 'I' like it. Hell how many people look at our Trophy's and think that we are just some boy-racer who has stuck things onto / in a normal 182 clio...

Reaction score
AWESOM-O 4000 said:
Hell how many people look at our Trophy's and think that we are just some boy-racer who has stuck things onto / in a normal 182 clio...

Very good point! If we cared that much about the associated image we wouldn't be driving a bright red hot Clio with a big spoiler.

I love all the M3's, especially the E92, listen to that V8!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5DFjwkExYg

I want it.