Reaction score
Fe***ng feathery gitty gits!!! Rant.....rave.....moan.....

Sorry guys, came home to find two almighty weapons grade taliban bird droppings on my car, one on the roof and one one the passenger wing, had a massive fight with them but won the end though not without sustaining damage.

The one on the wing luckily fell where I damaged it so it has to be resprayed anyway, the one on the roof though has left a very noticable mark, can these generally be polished out? I've never had a mark left before from this, is the Renault paint quite soft?

Does anyone use a car cover?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Doh! Was expecting a post about birds ..... Sad sign of age:). I use a cover btw (for the car!)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, was rather hoping for the smallish, ginger/strawberry blonde hair few freckles across the nose sort rather than the feathery, slightly scary to some sort. Ah well :(

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I too thought it was something other then the feathered variety.

I think the title of this post needs to be edited to correctly reflect the discussion :lol:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Supersonic said:
Fe***ng feathery gitty gits!!! Rant.....rave.....moan.....

Sorry guys, came home to find two almighty weapons grade taliban bird droppings on my car, one on the roof and one one the passenger wing, had a massive fight with them but won the end though not without sustaining damage.

The one on the wing luckily fell where I damaged it so it has to be resprayed anyway, the one on the roof though has left a very noticable mark, can these generally be polished out? I've never had a mark left before from this, is the Renault paint quite soft?

Does anyone use a car cover?

Thanks.

Depending on what the thing has eaten depends on what it will do to the paint, when ever I see bird shit I try and clean it as soon as possible to avoid marks like that. When I've not been able to clean it, a few goes at polishing it made the mark harder to see but it was still there.

Fit the T with an air rifle! :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
H, it seems we have something in common (taste wise) other than just the T :)

Well in an ideal world but it's been a while so anything will do at the moment. Anyone got any sisters they want to offload? :wink:

I have had bad etching in the past but since I got the detailing bug and it now has a few layers of wax it's not relly occured again, it's also much easier to wash off as well and i always keep a spray detailer and microfiber in the back.

Reaction score
Birds are a pain in the ass, the other night a bloody pheasant decided to run out in front of me as i was travelling 70mph, hit the thing with an almighty whack! Expecting a cracked splitter and damaged bumper i got out to find absolutley no damage just a lot of gunk all over the number plate, either those birds have no mass whatsoever or the car is remarkably tough.

Reaction score
i polished a seagul dropping mark out of my old trophy with the meguires "fine scratch" remover. it took like 30 mins of rubbing but the results were good, other than that a machine polish should do the job.
Nimbus metallic seems to be a much harder paint IMO, seagul droppings dont mark it like on the trophys capsium.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Yeah, was rather hoping for the smallish, ginger/strawberry blonde hair few freckles across the nose sort rather than the feathery, slightly scary to some sort. Ah well :(

J you mean these birds dont you....

Attachments

• 8508_.jpg
    8508_.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 14
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 8512_.jpg
    8512_.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
son of solo said:
hoolio said:

...yes very nice, but still wouldn't want them to sh@t on my car!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jonc said:
son of solo said:
hoolio said:

Are you crazy, they could do what the hell they liked ;-)

Reaction score
Jonc said:
son of solo said:
hoolio said:

Ha ha haaaaaaa :) brilliant ...

Reaction score
:lol: I agree, it would be a bit annoying but im sure there would be some ways they could make up for it :wink:

Sorry to dissapoint you guys but im sure if some of you with odder minds can visualise turning a seagull perched over my car into one of those two then carry on, certainly would be interesting, not least balancing on the phone line!

I've got some Supagard polish left from when I used it last so will try that over the weekend, must buy some autoglym stuff again though, seems to work well for me :)
I have what is basically an old cotton bed sheet over half the car at the mo and it seems to be working though I must find the money for a proper cover, then I'll have to start a fight with the cats!

Bloody nature. Worse than the birds with tits.