Reaction score
i might be thinking of buying some billet fast road cams for my trophy as k tech racing say it gives more torque and power gains of 12-15 bhp. does anybody have these fitted to there trophy or clio 172/182? would it affect the handling as i dont want to ruin a perfectly good handling car f

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldnt of thought they would make a difference to the handling !
Billet cams are on my to-do list too, I would recommend getting a re-map at the same time to get the most out of them.

Reaction score
i think the cams are £580 inc vat, and the remap £295 i recon the car will be over the 200 bhp line after that. its alot of money for such a small power gain

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
you wont get much power gains from the 182 engine anyways, unless you were to install a turbo or throttle bodies.
200bhp is enough for the trophy coz its light so +20 bhp is ging to make a noticable difference.
200bhp in the trophy is going to be about 183bhp/ton which is a vgood figure.

Reaction score
See also my comments re another of your posts. It is not practicable to change the duration very much, as otehwsie the AFNM can not control the idle properly. Higher lift should help mid range, torque, but frankly the changes will be small. Has used an independent rolling road ot verify each step of my mods, I would suspect that much over 190 bho is going to call for something radical and will need a different type of managment system which does away wioth the AFM & FBW throttle and uses a cable operated throttle witrh a throttle postion sensor as input to the managment system - thisis a big job, hence why i have decided to look elsewhere.

To get higher outputs needs much more aggeessive cams with more overlap, which are completely incompatible with the standard ECU and will move peak torque up the range.