G

Thats interesting does that mean a trophy would keep up with an elise?

Reaction score
Thats the book figure. The fact is some mk2's put out as little as 155 to 160 bhp. Very few 182's actually have 164 bhp/tonne.

Lee

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Thats the book figure. The fact is some mk2's put out as little as 155 to 160 bhp. Very few 182's actually have 164 bhp/tonne.

In the same way there are some that put out more than that. It's just luck of the draw.

Reaction score
There are alot more that put out alot less than the very small number that put out a little more.

Nick hill has weighed the cranks of these cars and found some are 6lbs heavier than others. Thats a huge amount. The inlet and exhaust manifolds are also restrictive on alot of cars.

Fact is most 2.0 mk1 owners are faster than 2.0 mk2 owners cars in real life, whereas book figures suggests it shoulsnt be like that. This strongly suggests that the majority of mk2's are down on power.

And its not luck of the draw, its bad manufacturing practice by renault. I cant beleive these people buy these cars and just put up with it. If i bought a 182 20 bhp down id take it back.

Reaction score
:shock:
Still, the book figure is 182hp over ? what official weight ? 1.090 tonnes ?
Of course actual bhp / ton on the road will depend on loads of things.

Reaction score
Would it be unusual for a 182hp engine to show in the 160s on a really hot day ?

Reaction score
can't believe the accuracy of any rollers really. if other cars on the day all make around 160ish then the rollers under read, which is unusual in this day and age.

at the mini sport day the 182's were all making around stock power, in fact pretty much bang on for most of them, one however made 188bhp ATF... still, the DC2 Teggy impressed me most, that made over 220bhp with just a decat and zorst... :shock:

Northy I think make 177bhp on his... so not sure how accurate these rollers are, but the results for the cars were consistent... mine blew up before it got there... LOL

Reaction score
If you want to get an accurate figure go to hillpower. Nick has real time video feed of the cars on the rollers. He has a recorded desktop of the actual run in real time. Both of these are overlain onto a memory stick which you can then take home. He also has a weather station, that takes accurate weather readings and then corrects the bhp figure for the temp and humidity. His set up is impressive. He also connects diagnostic software to the car wile its running so he can diagnose faults and this software also shows the parameters of the engine, such as oil temp, water temp so he can guage the accuracy of the dials. Then he also has a correction for wheels size to provide an accuracy figure for your speedo.

Reaction score
ChrisB said:
:shock:
Still, the book figure is 182hp over ? what official weight ? 1.090 tonnes ?
Of course actual bhp / ton on the road will depend on loads of things.

Official Reno figures list the Trophy as 1075kg and 182hp - http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ ... rmance.htm

I've seen in the press the Trophy quoted as 180hp and 1090kg, but I know which figures I quote to people :D

Reaction score
I was under the impression that it's 182 PS.

PS (Pferde Starke - German for Horse Power) is a metric equivalent to the bhp we know/use.

It's has been adopted as the standard unit for power in the EU iirc.

1 hp = 1.01387 PS iirc

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Stromba.

So it's 169 bhp / ton, counting PS as bhp and 1.090 tonnes as 1.075.......