Reaction score
Hi all

I've had a quick search on here but am looking for the definitive answer on this as I killed my Ferodo DS2500's last Friday at Bedford.

I'm thinking of Pagid's or Carbon Lorraine's but am unsure as to what there like on the road?

My current setup is Brembo Max discs, Goodridge braided hoses, Ferodo DS2500's and Halfords dot 5.1 race brake fluid but am hoping for some better suggestions?

Many thanks,

Matt.

:D

Reaction score
So how was Bedford? Which event was this?

I believe the best pads are Pagid RS4-2's, about £40-50 more than DS's.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can't vouch for the pagid on track but they are excellent road pads with good cold stopping. The only downside being that they seem to glaze easily if you use them like a wimp which is a little unavoidable day to day.

Reaction score
Fitted pagids few months ago, as good as ds2500 on road, yet to test them on track. :D

Reaction score
Pagid blues were as good as anything on the road and from cold but even better on track which is exactly why I would tell you to go for Pagid Yellows :lol:

Just as good from cold and on the road, maybe a tad noisier (as I didn't put copper grease on as the yellow looked good :D ) but they are 24hour race pad's and unbelieveable on track. I eventually wore through the blue's but no chance with the yellow's.

I honestly would say there are no real drawbacks.

Reaction score
Matt, i'm just about too try the rated pf97's, there's a guy on ebay selling them and he's open to offers, just so you know how low he'll go, he's asking £130 for the fronts + £9 delivery, i offered £111 +del and he accepted, they should be here today or tomorrow, 1st test for them will be cadwell a week today.
he's also got the rears, for sale too, even though the rears do little it's still good to maximise there potential, and with them being cheap enough i bought them too, in total i paid £180 delivered for both fronts and rear.

Chris

Reaction score
Chris - PF97 are meant to be very good, but be warned the dust is a nightmare and and very hard to remove/corrosive. Have you looked at carbotech - several of my competitors use them.

Max

Reaction score
George K said:
Have you looked at carbotech - several of my competitors use them.

I run Carbotech pads on my MX-5 track day car, XP8s on the rear and XP10s on the front. With braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid the braking force is simply amazing, am thinking of disabling the ABS to stop it from cutting in.

There is a down side though.......... £293 for the full set!!!!

Reaction score
480bhp.com said:
Matt, i'm just about too try the rated pf97's, there's a guy on ebay selling them and he's open to offers, just so you know how low he'll go, he's asking £130 for the fronts + £9 delivery, i offered £111 +del and he accepted, they should be here today or tomorrow, 1st test for them will be cadwell a week today.
he's also got the rears, for sale too, even though the rears do little it's still good to maximise there potential, and with them being cheap enough i bought them too, in total i paid £180 delivered for both fronts and rear.

Chris

I have never tried them myself but heard good things, that seems a very good price too.

I totally forgot to stay in contact with you about trackdays, I am at Cadwell tomorrow!