Reaction score
Finally got the chance to put the car on the rollers to see what it was pushing out.

Very happy with the results.

180.4bhp at the Fly with aa correcting figure of 184Bhp not that makes much of a difference.

Will get the graph up so you lot can see the results.

One thing i have noticed which seems to be the same on all the 182 models is a slight dip just before the cam and just after.

Was thinking this may be down to the fueling. Nik when you had the Group N ECU did this rectify this problem????

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
SteveC said:
Nik when you had the Group N ECU did this rectify this problem????

Cant remember off hand. I'll post my graph from Janspeed later so you can compare. It would be good to have the graph of a standard Trophy from the Janspeed day to compare with too if any of you guys could post it.

Reaction score
Yeah OilS it was me that took Fatboy out for a spin, he seemed really impressed with the car.

Cheers Nik, While i was there i spoke to Fred about getting the inlet manifold matched and the ECU, which he said may reduce the dips in the power range.

I must say the price he said it could work out at was very reasonable, just need to save for the ECU.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachme ... 1141766403

Reaction score
Well here is my graph for my totally std Trophy, not the best quality, but you can still see the general shape of the graph.

Attachments

• janspeed rolling road 08-03-06[1] (2).jpg
    janspeed rolling road 08-03-06[1] (2).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 715
Reaction score
Looking at the two of them they are pretty much the same in terms of the drops just before the cam

Do you have a picture of your recent RR with the ECU and the Exhaust on the car, just to give me an idea of wether or not this will rectify this dip in power.

Since reverting back to the Panel filter the car feels a hell of alot more touquey and seems to drink alot less fuel which is always a good thing :D

EDITED

DOH Ignore me i have just seen that you have both runs pictured on the graph. :oops:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oli doesn't have a modified ECU on the car as far as i know. The two runs on the graph were just that they ran everyones car twice, most people got a better reading on the second run.

Reaction score
This is the print out from my 182 Cup, very slight drop before vvt cuts in.
dyno.jpg

My car has 9k on the clock, blueflame cat back system and an ITG panel filter

Reaction score
I have had a look at 2 or 3 graphs and they all seem to have the same charteristics on them, with the dip.

Seems as if the car is eaither over fueling or there is slight starvation of air/fuel :?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think this dip is normal as the cam profile change occurs. On the Civic Type R graph, there was a much bigger dip before the switch.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Finally scanned my graph in from Janspeed:

janspeed%20graph.jpg

Reaction score
I am assured that the cam timing (overlap) changes much lower down, circa 1,450 to 1,650 rpm - at 5,000 the management system changes from closed to open loop - hence the need to re-map for significant mods.