battery light and stop light !!!

Reaction score
Saturday night i went to lakeside with the other half and i was doing about 75 it was raining hard and my battery light and stop light came on, it didnt affect my T in anyway tho :| i rang my mechanic and he said mite be ya alternator. thing is i have replaced it about 3 months ago. we got to lakeside parked up got what we had to come back to it and i was hoping it would be off but it wasnt i was driving it home and both lights were flicking on off the staying on proper weird so i took it home and got the 205 gti out :mrgreen: ..

the next morning i woke up and was wondering about it so i went and started it up and the lights had gone out. maybe i got water in my alternator i dont really no. i went for a drive in it noticed that between 6000-7000 revs the battery light and stop light was flickering. i rang Renault and booked it in explained to them everything and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

any ideas?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hmmn, for them to be flickering would suggest a loose wire at a guess, if there was an issue it would either stay on or if no issue then off....