Barn Find 31k Trophy on eBay

Reaction score
Upto £14k already!!

With the work involved and the time left on the auction, I'd be surprised if you have change from £20,000

Reaction score
I’d love to understand what fires people up to throw so much money at something like this. I’m presuming they are thinking at the end of the day when they have spent a bucket load more cash to get the car right they have a one owner car. Ok, if you got the car for £10k and threw whatever at it to make it right you would probably be just on the right side of the deal. However the car is just uncared for and tired, under the bonnet every bolt, clip and fastener is rusty, the plastics are bleached, top mounts tusted, the coolant looks like ditch water, something quite iffy with the screen rubbers around the corners, goodness knows what the suspension and running gear is like.
I suppose everyone has their own thoughts on these things but for me the way it’s heading makes @Sam Howell car look like a proper bargain

Reaction score
34 bids with 5 days left..... would like to see the bidding history for this auction. 🤔

Yeah seems a little suspicious. I'm sure the same person bumped it up with no one else bidding against him/her..

Reaction score
I’ve been an active bidder since £6k to where it is now.

Someone has obviously bid quite a decent amount as I get automatically outbid every time.

It’s legitimate bidding; I’ve just been doing it in small increments to figure out where the others highest bid is!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bid up to £11.5k - I was surprised to see it didn't stay there long. I too am wondering what the highest bid is now.!

Reaction score
Upto £14k already!!

With the work involved and the time left on the auction, I'd be surprised if you have change from £20,000

I commented on the link in the Facebook group and suggested it would go for anywhere between 15-20k, judging by recent sales on CC. As is the way with ‘collectors cars’ nowadays, if it were to sell at the higher end of that estimate, it’ll likely just become an ornament in somebody’s garage once the work on it is done. Still, I shouldn’t complain as it drags up the values of well used examples too!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would laugh if this sold for more than the one sitting on eBay for £23k

Wonder if the seller of that one would change his price

Reaction score
Done (y)

@Sam Howell is this car sells for very late teen's / Early twenty's will you be increasing your price on your car with lower mileage and better condition ?
If someone purchases this for early twenties in this condition I’ll be amazed!

I just don’t see it happening so I don’t believe I’ll have to react to the market in any way.

I do see it as a car in the twenties, once it’s returned back to former glory.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
To be fair I’m shocked that it’s almost at £15k for a car that’s sat for 4 years and done nothing.

Must be a slight kick in the stones knowing that a car has sat for 4 years, looks poorly, needs a fair amount of mechanical work done and prob a Sachs rebuild is going to be 100% sold for not a million pounds off what you are asking for a exceptional example.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd say some collector is getting excited about the 1 owner part - even though the Pitlane Car is far nicer unfortunately it has 6 owners.

I've been shot down in flames for saying this before but it does really add some more ££££ just like the Clio Mk1 V6 on collecting cars last week at nearly 40k.

Reaction score
I'd say some collector is getting excited about the 1 owner part - even though the Pitlane Car is far nicer unfortunately it has 6 owners.

I've been shot down in flames for saying this before but it does really add some more ££££ just like the Clio Mk1 V6 on collecting cars last week at nearly 40k.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is relisted Nick.

I have messaged the seller trying to arrange a visit - I am still waiting a reply.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts if you manage to view it or any further responses from the seller, they've gone quiet on my end!

Well my guess he is reading this thread and is probably not liking some of the unflattering opinions lol. Having said that, at nearly £15k why should he care?

Reaction score
Well my guess he is reading this thread and is probably not liking some of the unflattering opinions lol. Having said that, at nearly £15k why should he care?
I see what you mean, but maybe the highest bidder is asking them questions on eBay and not hearing back..? Just a thought! You'd expect them to reply if so!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I see what you mean, but maybe the highest bidder is asking them questions on eBay and not hearing back..? Just a thought! You'd expect them to reply if so!

Ay, but he (?) is already doing things a little bit differently to how I or many on here would be doing them.