Barn Find 31k Trophy on eBay

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Looks like they have been using somone else's photo's Gaz from 6 year's ago - first one maybe the car, however he needs to buy two new bumper insert stickers -

When selling a car like that surely you would take loads of images and not borrow old one's from google - very odd ???

Reaction score
Now that you say it Nick, I think those pictures were from a dealer based in Lisburn.

I went to see a Trophy, probably 6/7 years ago and it only had around 16k miles and
his back yard looked very similar to the one in those pictures, with the high walls.

Reaction score
Selling the car on behalf of a friend, the car is in NI and payment to be made via bank transfer… that would put me off a little.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

More Photo's now Chap's - shame there is none of the underside.

Now looks more the part - what does everyone else think ????

At least the front bumper stickers have now been added.

Reaction score
Could be a good buy for someone in Ireland as they will have far less import taxes/Vat to pay
since it was in NI before (I'm guessing) Brexit happened.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could be a good buy for someone in Ireland as they will have far less import taxes/Vat to pay
since it was in NI before (I'm guessing) Brexit happened.
It last sold on eBay back in Nov 2021 for £15.2k when it was located in Manchester (or thereabouts), so not sure on the Brexit thing?

What I can't get my head round is how it's still one owner on the V5, unless it was sold into the trade?

To be fair, whoever is offering it this time has, from the description, done a good amount of worthy recommissioning; belts, brakes etc. I'm just not sure if it will reap the hoped reward for the vendor given the expense of the works on top of the purchase price last time around. Sooner or later, unless it's just destined to be passed around in the trade forever, there'll be another owner on the V5, which will inevitably then impact the value for some.

Again, these instances bring us back to why we own these (and other...) cars. If you're in it just for the perceived 'investment', then my personal opinion is that's a bit of a shame, as buffing paintwork and applying tyre shine - as therapeutic as those pursuits are for some, are somewhat secondary to the experience of hoofing one of these cars down your favourite B-road as they were intended. I've seen it with other marques, blokes agonising over the type and number of rivets to hold on rocker cover plaques, creating cars that were better than when they rolled out of the dealership when new, it's admirable in some small way. But then sticking the thing in a trailer, taking it to a field somewhere to sit next to, in a floral camping chair waiting for folk to step up and admire your correct rivets and mirror finish floorpan strikes me as a rather dull finale to all the agonising.

For example, I personally, despite near the near concours condition of our old Mini, took immense delight recently of driving it spiritedly across the country to an old airfield in deepest Lincolnshire, putting it round the track, then home again in the most torrentially wet driving conditions I've been in for a while. The reward? The biggest smile on the face you can imagine. That's what cars are about for me, not some somewhat sad static exhibit, but a living, snorting, downright delight of a thing. Though all that said.... I still do have the correct rivets too. :LOL:

Just my two-penneth and probably a slight tangent, as always... :D

Reaction score
It last sold on eBay back in Nov 2021 for £15.2k when it was located in Manchester (or thereabouts), so not sure on the Brexit thing?

What I can't get my head round is how it's still one owner on the V5, unless it was sold into the trade?

To be fair, whoever is offering it this time has, from the description, done a good amount of worthy recommissioning; belts, brakes etc. I'm just not sure if it will reap the hoped reward for the vendor given the expense of the works on top of the purchase price last time around. Sooner or later, unless it's just destined to be passed around in the trade forever, there'll be another owner on the V5, which will inevitably then impact the value for some.

Again, these instances bring us back to why we own these (and other...) cars. If you're in it just for the perceived 'investment', then my personal opinion is that's a bit of a shame, as buffing paintwork and applying tyre shine - as therapeutic as those pursuits are for some, are somewhat secondary to the experience of hoofing one of these cars down your favourite B-road as they were intended. I've seen it with other marques, blokes agonising over the type and number of rivets to hold on rocker cover plaques, creating cars that were better than when they rolled out of the dealership when new, it's admirable in some small way. But then sticking the thing in a trailer, taking it to a field somewhere to sit next to, in a floral camping chair waiting for folk to step up and admire your correct rivets and mirror finish floorpan strikes me as a rather dull finale to all the agonising.

For example, I personally, despite near the near concours condition of our old Mini, took immense delight recently of driving it spiritedly across the country to an old airfield in deepest Lincolnshire, putting it round the track, then home again in the most torrentially wet driving conditions I've been in for a while. The reward? The biggest smile on the face you can imagine. That's what cars are about for me, not some somewhat sad static exhibit, but a living, snorting, downright delight of a thing. Though all that said.... I still do have the correct rivets too. :LOL:

Just my two-penneth and probably a slight tangent, as always... :D

The car has been 'in the trade' for a few years now, at least 3yrs anyhow.

I'm a firm believer in "each to there" Ed but I'd like to think I'm on the same wave length as yourself, I've been to the shows (without my car) and some are are ok, some are very dull!

Only ones I've been to with my car a very, very long time ago was French Car Show and the best part was the drive down with a line of blue Clio's with Gold wheels. I've made some great friends over the years, some have moved on, some are still hanging on and some I'm counselling :ROFLMAO:

Only thing that pains me now is having to clean the car again if it's got wet. Talking of which we're meant to be going to The Motorist this weekend and the weather forecast is showing rain so I won't be arriving in a Renault :oops:

Reaction score

More Photo's now Chap's - shame there is none of the underside.

Now looks more the part - what does everyone else think ????

At least the front bumper stickers have now been added.

I want to view the car just to see the guys house, looks amazing.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The car has been 'in the trade' for a few years now, at least 3yrs anyhow.

I'm a firm believer in "each to there" Ed but I'd like to think I'm on the same wave length as yourself, I've been to the shows (without my car) and some are are ok, some are very dull!

Only ones I've been to with my car a very, very long time ago was French Car Show and the best part was the drive down with a line of blue Clio's with Gold wheels. I've made some great friends over the years, some have moved on, some are still hanging on and some I'm counselling :ROFLMAO:

Only thing that pains me now is having to clean the car again if it's got wet. Talking of which we're meant to be going to The Motorist this weekend and the weather forecast is showing rain so I won't be arriving in a Renault :oops:

Which day are you going to the Motorist Gaz - and are you taking your business partner Northy.

I booked my car in for the Pistonheads day on Sunday but have been watching the weather forecast all week.

However we have had some family bad news this week and I'm not sure if I can attend now.

Reaction score
We are down to go to the Pistonheads event on Sunday, Northy is supposedly coming and I was hoping on strapping myself in his passenger seat but the weather is not approved.

Sorry to hear about your news.