Reaction score
Are they standard? If they are then it may be because no copper grease was put on them. Also if they are aftermarket race pads i.e. pagids then they tend to squeal anyway.

The squeal doesn't mean they won't work, they will but they just make more noise. Do a number of heavy stops 70-30 or so in a row and that should stop them squealing at least for a while.

Reaction score
yer their DS2500's they were fine all yesterday when i bedded them in, and most of today, but its just started at is so annoying!!!

Reaction score
Im using pagids and they squeal a bit at lower speeds, although they are on their last legs

Reaction score
I never got mine to stop squeeling, and I had removed the shims, filed the edges down and greased the backs/sliders etc! Swapped to ebc redstuffs and the squeeling stopped but didn't notice any change in braking performance.

Reaction score
I have ds2500s, fitted them a couple of months back. Don't know anything about shims. They do squeek when braking lightly, it's in their nature because of the high carbon content of them, nothing to worry about unless they're squeeling all the time? Mine work brilliantly even from cold, but i don't drive heavy on the brakes, plan my approach speed so not to put my brains through my eye sockets.

Reaction score
Cue said:
use the search function - this forum is a minefield of helpful info on things like this....
Not sure if he will find anything to do with ''barke Squeel'' though? :lol: :wink:
You could search for brake squeel though, use the search as Cue said, i always find it very good.