Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am just about to go and move mine. Will leave the "bad wind" jokes to steve. :lol:

Reaction score
The only transport I need to worry about today is the Tube!!!! So far all OK but it is only a matter of time until it is too windy for the tube (well, it seems any excuse is sufficient for the Tube to stop working!)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
The only transport I need to worry about today is the Tube!!!! So far all OK but it is only a matter of time until it is too windy for the tube (well, it seems any excuse is sufficient for the Tube to stop working!)

O.

You may joke but the tubes were running slow this morning, a Guy that's working with me gets the train from Birmingham and it ran at 50mph the whole way into London. Took him 5 hours!

My girlfiend works in One Canada Square (tallest building in the country) and she said it was swaying quite noticably earlier.

Reaction score
You may joke but the tubes were running slow this morning, a Guy that's working with me gets the train from Birmingham and it ran at 50mph the whole way into London. Took him 5 hours!

My girlfiend works in One Canada Square (tallest building in the country) and she said it was swaying quite noticably earlier.

My old dear had the same problem but going the other way. Think she is staying up there tonight.

Lots of lorries falling over on the roads in Essex pretty much every main route has one part shut. Oooooooo i love the back lanes!!!!![/quote]

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
fecking bricks by me that's more worrying. Driving earlier I had one bouce down the road straight at me - luckily I'm an amazing driver and managed to miss the thing and the car on the other side :)

Close call though - nearly had the trauma of finding a new bonnet again.

Reaction score
my mrs thought i'd seen a ghost when i walked out the house this morning, there was a branch the length of the car sitting right by/under it. afetr about 20 mins of close inspection - resulting in me getting to work late - I was content that the car was fine!

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
oliie said:

O.

Really? Hmmm seemed fine when I was on it (at awork for 8am). That said, the tube doesn't run to Birmingham!!! :p Although 5 hours is pretty darn long!

Hope it is OK on the way back tonight...

O.

Reaction score
johnnyk said:
my mrs thought i'd seen a ghost when i walked out the house this morning, there was a branch the length of the car sitting right by/under it. afetr about 20 mins of close inspection - resulting in me getting to work late - I was content that the car was fine!

I have to make sure the wheelie bins are moved up the road when it's windy, I too had a close call a few weeks ago. It's enough to give you a hernia.

Tubes were down on the Jubilee and the DLR was running slow too. The OVERGROUND trains (ones to Birmingham and the like) are all affected.

Reaction score
Just had a look at the TFL site. Chaos!

We've a colleague in Newark today who has had his GNER service cancelled so had to grab a cab back down to London!!!

O.