Reaction score
After selling my Trophy back in 2009 i bought myself a Megane R26 as a replacement, from day one i never found it as exciting as the Trophy, i wasn't even excited the night before i went to pick it up!
After 6 months of owning the Megane and going from days of loving the torque and the sheer pace of it, to days of hating the extra expenses and dullness of it in comparison to my previous Trophy, so i decided to sell up, it took a while longer than i thought but i finally found a buyer who was extremely happy with the car.

My plans were to get me another 172/182 and turn it into a bit of a track day car as it's something i'd like to do more of and even maybe enter a few sprints next year.

This morning i picked up a 172 cup, the condition isn't great at all but it's a good solid car to work from so i'm happy, the 20mile drive home was just brilliant,i forgot just how much i love the way the clios drive and handle, it felt so so much lighter and more nimble than the Megane was, i just feel so connected to a clio when i'm sat in one.

I was quite surprised how much rawer the Cup seemed to my Trophy, i don't know if the Megane has made me forget how raw clios are or maybe the Cup really is a lot rawer than the Trophy was. The ride and handling isn't as compliant as the Trophy's but in a way i found this a little more fun as it just adds to the feel of the car.

It's great to be back in a clio i know that, and now i've got all the fun of turning it into a bit of a track toy :D

Gman

Ajr

Reaction score
Good stuff Gman. I'm awaiting delivery of a 200 cup, didn't really miss my trophy that much but fancied a change and something brand new! Not been around kent much but i'll keep an eye out for a 172 cup when i am around crowborough area. If you see someone in a GW 200 with black speedlines flash/wave like mad it'll be me :D

Reaction score
Alright Ajr, I'll keep my eyes peeled, when i sold the T i looked at getting a 200 cup, had a couple of test drives but never really felt sure enough to part with the Trophy, after driving a few Meganes i thought that was the car for me but i never really took to it like i did the Clio.

I'll be getting another car as the 172 is just more of a track toy, which is handy as i'm back out at the ring and also SPA in a couple of months.

Have you seen that racing blue 200 at three bridges renault, looks awesome!

Ajr

Reaction score
The 200 is much better than the 197, my main gripes were the lack of low down torque and indirect steering, that's been fixed with harder suspension and quicker rack plus 20% more torque so it's all good! The trophy feels very small in comparison. I wouldn't say the 200 is better than the trophy, it's a very different car.

You'll have plenty of fun at the 'ring and spa, i'm off for ring trip no 9 in 2 weeks and had a track day on friday, can't get enough of it! Who do you go with?

Not seen it no but RB 200s do look very good, i think white speedlines on them are the way to go!

The 172 cup is an ideal track car as it's cheap to buy and performance per pound is great! Plus it's not a huge loss if you crash it :lol: